Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Paedophilia

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by byny
    I
    I do however disagree with the assumption that people without children are not qualified to have an opinion regarding the welfare of children.

this is what you said. and you can interpret
    'i take it your not a parent then' as meaning the above?
    very strange.
    let me make it a little clearer for you....

AS ...A ...PARENT ...YOU ...WILL ...what's the fucking point!
    I don't understand but I apologise! :(
    I don't understand but I apologise! :(
    sorry if i bit your head off ...i'm hot smelly and nackered at the moment. been working on the land in the hot hot sun.
    i have a point of view on the economics of the uk and europe but recently posted a thread about why they bothering with a referendum on the euro ...why are they asking for my point of view? my understanding of economics is limited compared with an economist. i'm entitled to my point of view but if someone said to me ...'i take it your not an economist then?' ...i would understand that to mean my point of view and understanding of the matter would not be as great as the economists.
    having children changes a lot about you and your point of view and fears and understandings, a great deal. were i asking advice about children my first stop would be different parents and not a schoolgirl or childless adult.
    Fair enough...and perhaps when I've had my first kid (soon I hope) I can come back here and let you know that my opinion is unchanged.......

or not as the case may be.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    having children changes a lot about you and your point of view and fears and understandings, a great deal. were i asking advice about children my first stop would be different parents and not a schoolgirl or childless adult.

Mr Roll said it a lot better than I could have :)

But yes if you want advice or help with a certain subject who do you ask? Someone whose been there.

Which is not to say on this matter people with children have no opinion because thats not the case, they obviously do have opinions but maybe not the same opinion as if they were actually a parent :)
    Fair enough...and perhaps when I've had my first kid (soon I hope) I can come back here and let you know that my opinion is unchanged.......

or not as the case may be.
    bet ya a fiver by the time the kids six months old you'll have changed>