Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help I'm like a gorilla (allegedly)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have black hair and quite a lot of body hair.

I shave my legs, that's not a problem, but nothing seems to work for my bikini area. I've tried shaving, creams, waxing, even plucking and whatever I do it gets sore with red dots, looks very ugly.

I also have horrible hair in front of my ears, like sideburns!! I have been trying to wax them but it's very difficult.

I even have a few random hairs which come from my chin which I pluck off. Don't know if that makes them worse but I can't just leave them. They disgust me!!

None of my friends seem to have these problems. But then I suppose none of them are dark like me.

I am fairly happy about the way I look apart from this, it's such a hassle, especially in summer, or with boyfriends. I get paranoid.

Does anyone suffer the same, or have any suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey huni
    I no how u feel ;) so no need to worry if ma arms are a bit hairy so i shave them weekly and i get my bac waxed and a do ma legs no problem there for my binkni lynn a use cream then a rasor then moisturizin cream soz if i spelt that rong

hope i hekped :naughty:
    im quite hairy naturally, most women are quite hairy its perfectly natural, just some hairier than others and some are more efficient or bothered about hair removal than others. If shaving your bikini line is causing you trouble, have you thought about using a hair removing cream or waxing? If you are getting ingrowing hairs, you might be shaving against the grain which you shouldnt do. always use a new razor each time, preferably one with 2 or 3 blades - single bladed razors are rubbish. use a good quality shaving gel and dont worry if its not perfectly 100% smooth, its hard to get that from shaving without cutting yourself or giving yourself folliculitis (thats when the follicles get inflamed and you get the little red spots)
    Also, if you are going to shave or wax your bikini line, trim the hairs quite small first - the wax sticks better to all of them, and it'll take less strokes to get an even finish if you're shaving.
    Some people don't react well to waxing, i get really bad ingrowing hairs if i do, which scar, so i stick to cream or mousse (be careful with that though, it fizzes up and you can accidentally take off more than you mean to!)

Have you tried bleaching the hair on your face? Like, using Jolene (or however it's spelt!). It works really well, but you need to keep an eye on the regrowth!
    Originally posted by Tigger
    Hey huni
    I no how u feel ;) so no need to worry if ma arms are a bit hairy so i shave them weekly and i get my bac waxed and a do ma legs no problem there for my binkni lynn a use cream then a rasor then moisturizin cream soz if i spelt that rong

hope i hekped :naughty:

You stole my av I made! Get rid of it please! :p :rolleyes:

And in asnwer to the question....have you tried going to a beauty salon? They may have suggestions or better treatments than you can buy at the chemists.
    Firstly Tigger, I don't know if you've done it deliberately but you shouldn't use the same av as another user especially not one Faith made herself.

Rosa, I usually pluck my bikini line or wax it. Maybe you should save up and get it done professionally before you go on holiday, and tell them about the problem you usually have - maybe they can recommend a moisturising treatment or treat your skin more sensitively. Moisturising every day will stop ingrowing hairs and possibly delay the growth too. As for the hair on your face, you could get that permanently removed with laser treatment or electrolysis (a bit pricey I know, but as it's only a small area it might not be too bad). We all have hair on our faces though, just yours may be darker than some people's, so bleaching it is probably a better idea.

Invest in a good quality razor where you can change the blades. I like the Gilette Venus - it does make you 'smoother for longer' as they say in the advert.

But mainly you should try not to worry about it too much. The chances are that you're the only person who notices it. Men don't usually notice when we get our hair on our heads cut differently, so they probably wouldn't care whether you bleached or not!
    I'm sorry this problem is depressing you maybe you should go to the doctor's and see what they can prescribe