Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boobs measured....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK I was talking to one or two girls last night who told me they were going to go get their boobs measured today....

Now I always thought its something you just kinda know- like what size runner you need or what size jeans you are, naturally a brea should be the same? Do girls here often go for boob measurements or how often do they change size or cup or whats the deal with them??
:crazyeyes

Always just loved boobs for just being boobs- they shouldnt need any of these complications I mean after all they are a work of art!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well my boobs have gone bigger:D yey but so has the rest of me:p but my boobs dont really look that nice at the moment they have millions of veins all over them!and they leak:crazyeyes but sometimes you can have your boobs measured at the shop just to make sure that they havent changed and that your bra is comfotable.
    Well apparently 90% of women wear the wrong size bra! It's best to get measured in a shop although some shops are crap - the woman in LaSenza said to me 'what size are you wearing now' so I told her and she said 'yeah it looks about right' and that was it!

I haven't been measured for ages but I probably should - my boobs have definitely got bigger recently :D
    Some places are shit to get measured. My friend went into marks & sparks (who are usually pretty good) and they told her she was a DD cup. She's smaller than me and i'd guess about a B so not sure how the hell they ended up at the conclusion DD. She went to another shop and they told her B/C
    Hahaha . . . yea M & S is useless for bra measuring :rolleyes: I get measured at La Sanza because thats where I buy most of my bras from :D The last time I got measured was about 1month ago because I lost some weight & thought that my boobs would have also shrunk . . . they hadn't though!! Which was good :p

I go whenever I feel that a certain size isn't comfortable!
    Ahem.
    I'm a bra-fitter at Debenhams, come and be fitted by moi! :p

And to answer the question - yeah, it's vital that girls wear the right size bra, as poorly fitting bars can lead to cysts in your breasts, back problems, etc. You need to be measured for every bra you buy, if possible.... because you may be a B in one brand, and a C in another. etc etc...
    Strange I never thought it was so common-

Women- you cant stick with anything can ya!
    i'd say that'd be a great job! A boob checker- ha ha

NOw I know!
    yeah marks and spencer are crap! i went there to be measured and they said i was a 32AA :confused:(im a 34C) so just to made a point (and to prove it to myself:blush:) i tried on the AA, A and B bras and they so did not fit! grrrr, they had me quite upset for a moment... :D
    Originally posted by clara
    yeah marks and spencer are crap! i went there to be measured and they said i was a 32AA :confused:(im a 34C) so just to made a point (and to prove it to myself:blush:) i tried on the AA, A and B bras and they so did not fit! grrrr, they had me quite upset for a moment... :D

:eek2: They don't bring you some bras to see if they fit properly?

Crap customer service at M&S, eh...
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    :eek2: They don't bring you some bras to see if they fit properly?

Crap customer service at M&S, eh...

nope, no bras:( i shouldve complained! ill go to Debenhams next time:)
    Originally posted by clara
    nope, no bras:( i shouldve complained! ill go to Debenhams next time:)

Winner :p
    girls ive only ever measured my boobs myself, so when you get them done in a shop, do you take your bra off to be measured?
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    girls ive only ever measured my boobs myself, so when you get them done in a shop, do you take your bra off to be measured?

I'm no expert bra-measurer but I would say that yes it would come off. If you left it on then you would get a "false" measurement. If you erm, need a hand you know where to get me ;)
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

Nope, take your top off but leave your bra on :D

You only get a false measurement if you measure over a top or something, or if you measure without a bra on, because your boobs droop slightly.

edited so it made more sense

I stand corrected.

ooh i got done a couple of weeks ago and i had to take mine off......i feel all violated now! ;)
    When i was 10 i went to marks and sparks and was told i was a D :crazyeyes (i tink i was about an A/B cup at the time)!!
    Originally posted by candy
    ooh i got done a couple of weeks ago and i had to take mine off......i feel all violated now! ;)

:crazyeyes omg, it's embarrassing enough just being stood there in your bra - having to take it off as well! There's no need for you to take your bra off - in fact, it's a lot easier when your wearing one! I'd never measure a nekkid chest :p
    :crazyeyes omg, it's embarrassing enough just being stood there in your bra - having to take it off as well! There's no need for you to take your bra off - in fact, it's a lot easier when your wearing one! I'd never measure a nekkid chest :p

well i was fine, but there was a girl in the next cubicle who seemed to be having a nervous breakdown about it, crying and everything. So i asked the woman if that happened often and she was like 'more often than you'd think'

so yeah do you get many who start crying?
    Originally posted by candy
    well i was fine, but there was a girl in the next cubicle who seemed to be having a nervous breakdown about it, crying and everything. So i asked the woman if that happened often and she was like 'more often than you'd think'

so yeah do you get many who start crying?

Well, I've had none crying yet, thank God! I think some kids feel better because I'm only 17 myself, so I'm not like their Mum or anything :D I had one girl who was really embarrassed, and held her arms in front of her chest and didn't really want to move them... I felt horrible :( lol

Umm, but if the woman made u take your bra off too, then I think I would have had a bloody breakdwon too! Heheheee! You know what I mean - bit of an invasion into privacy, it isn't necessary.
    Hmm this has got me thinking... I should go get measured again soon... I've recently lost 3 stone (i had gallstones) so i need to check things out! lol

You only get a false measurement if you measure over a top or something, or if you measure without a bra on, because your boobs droop slightly.

edited so it made more sense
    Hang on. I'm no scientist, and certainly not an (official) boob expert. But if nine out of ten women are wearing the wrong sized bra, then isn't it a bad idea to measure them while wearing a bra??? :confused:

Mr_Wobble ;)
    No, its because people arent getting measured that they wear the wrong size bra.
    Yeah, i went to M&S to get measured cos i thought i was bulging out over the top of my 34D bras (which i was, causing the attractive 'four breasts' look), and the woman measured me, was like, oh, you're a 34C, look, you're not filling out that bra properly - said when i lifted my arms up to put my top on, so naturally my tits lifted a bit too. I was like :eek2: you what?

Needless to say, didn't get any bras from there. Went to La Senza. Was told i was a 'large 34D' and i should try on 34D and DD bras to see which ones fitted better. Meh.
    I went in to debenhams to get fitted once, and they told me never ever to go to M&S. House of Fraser are also quite good.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra

Needless to say, didn't get any bras from there. Went to La Senza. Was told i was a 'large 34D' and i should try on 34D and DD bras to see which ones fitted better. Meh.

Can we have a picture of the results please?:p
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Hang on. I'm no scientist, and certainly not an (official) boob expert. But if nine out of ten women are wearing the wrong sized bra, then isn't it a bad idea to measure them while wearing a bra??? :confused:

Mr_Wobble ;)

I see what you mean, but the most important measurement is the one underneath your bust, eg 32, 34, 36, etc. Soooo, if you're not wearing a bra, it's extremely hard to get this measurement - a pair of boobs are in the way!
    I see what you mean, but the most important measurement is the one underneath your bust, eg 32, 34, 36, etc. Soooo, if you're not wearing a bra, it's extremely hard to get this measurement - a pair of boobs are in the way!

Lol!
    So the general consensus then is to not go to Marks and Spencer to get measured? I was thinking of getting mine done sometime.
    Ooo, I can see another job creation opportunity. Boob holder-upper! :naughty:
    The boob in the way issue is one of the things I don't like about larger boobs. That sort of sag/drop/baggy thing.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Can we have a picture of the results please?:p

I posted a picture of that area when i was showing off my new thesite t-shirt.

Go find it :p