Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eurovision in Russia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Since my group of friends over here consists of Russians, Irish, British and Spanish we thought it would be fun to watch Eurovision in Russia!

I can't believe how seriously they take the contest in Russia. I think the whole reason that they had Tatu as their entry was because they REALLY want to win, so that Moscow gets a chance to host it. In a way I think it's a shame they didn't win. Russia really would have done Eurovision proud - next year's contest would have been over-the-top cheesy and would have been good for Russia in general.

But anyway, back to the other night. Listening to the Russian commentary when they were giving out the scores was even funnier than Terry Wogan (and I think he is brilliant at Eurovision commentary). There was a man and a woman interpreting the scores into Russian. Every time Russia got 10 or 12 points she let out this orgasmic scream of joy. If Russia only got 4 points she slated the country who gave those points!

The funniest was when Britain came to give the points, and there were just the 12 points left to be dished out. Russia hadn't been given anything yet. You could hear this Russian woman getting all excited, saying "oh, they love our girls in Britain, we're going to get the 12 points". And then we gave them to Ireland and she literally started crying! :D

There is no point to this thread by the way
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No point but I'll comment anyway.

It would have been nice for Russia to win. . .if only they'd picked a nice song for TATU. The one chosen was awful . . . so much potential and such a waste! I'm sure you agree with me on that.

It would also have been nice for France to win. They're big Eurovision peeps over there. . .but they haven't won since the 70s. And the poor old lady who won that year is dragged up every year to read the scores and perform her song on all the talk shows. . .take pity on her and vote for France so that she may finally be relieved of her misery!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Len
    It would also have been nice for France to win. They're big Eurovision peeps over there. . .but they haven't won since the 70s. And the poor old lady who won that year is dragged up every year to read the scores and perform her song on all the talk shows. . .take pity on her and vote for France so that she may finally be relieved of her misery!

:lol:

I dread to think what Eurovision would be like if France hosted it! And I love the French!

I agree that Tatu were pants in Eurovision this year - in fact I think they are rather pants anyway, too much screeching for my liking!

In the papers in Moscow today there was an article saying that Russia is angry that Tatu didn't win. They were blaming all the other countries for ganging up against Russia, and complaining that only EU countries (or countries that are about to join the EU) ever win.

*coughs, but what about Isreal???

They also thought that the whole lesbian image of Tatu went against them in the end. But I think it was the whole lesbian image that got them as high a position as they did!
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat

They also thought that the whole lesbian image of Tatu went against them in the end. But I think it was the whole lesbian image that got them as high a position as they did!

Bullshit! they lied about being lesbian to sell singles if it dis go against them (which it hasnt) is their own faul for fooling people they have gone SO SO down in my impressions!

*MUTTERS* trying to make us sound like homophobes!
  • Options
    I only saw snippets of the contest, but what I did see was awful!
    I think quite alot of other countries take the eurovision song contest seriously.