Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bush and his speeches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it me or has anyone else noticed how much Bush looks like a puppet reading speeches someone else has written?

I'm sure all major politicians have speech writers, but I wish for once they would just speak from the heart - the hundreds of speech after sep 11th made me annoyed.

The word "Americans" was used in his speeches time and time again to rally the people of the USA even if they were untruthful.

In one speech Bush said all the peole that died in the bombing were Americans - we all know that there were people from all over the world that died that day - but it doesn't sound as powerful a speech to mention other nations when the US president addresses his people.

So anyone else sick of listen to these carefully written speeches?

Which world leader do you think speaks most from the heart?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Everything said by a politician counts and gets analysed.
    Therefore Bush, as one of the worlds most significant world leaders, can't just say what's on his mind.

And actually Bush's head of speeches (name has slipped my mind) has gotten a lot of recognition, with currently the "Axis of evil" being the only speech which has been truly criticised.

Guess that the only politician who can get our trust, and still be 100% 'real' is Jack Ryan :)

Btw, good to see you posting in here as well. I like the threads you start.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Everything said by a politician counts and gets analysed.
    Therefore Bush, as one of the worlds most significant world leaders, can't just say what's on his mind.

And actually Bush's head of speeches (name has slipped my mind) has gotten a lot of recognition, with currently the "Axis of evil" being the only speech which has been truly criticised.

Guess that the only politician who can get our trust, and still be 100% 'real' is Jack Ryan :)

Btw, good to see you posting in here as well. I like the threads you start.

Thanks that's so sweet - I have an opinion on everything - I guess I don't post too much on Politics cos it gets me too mad...

I just can't stand those carefully worded speeches, granted if bush had set at his desk and written it himself I'd be fine about it but he's obviously got himself a professional speech writer - I just hate the thought of speech writers - it just feels so false and maybe because Bush isn't as charasmatic as Bill Clinton it shows more that he's just reading off a piece of paper or from an electronic auto-queue.

Here the Queen's husband is always getting in trouble for making off the cuff remarks and saying the wrong thing but I think it makes a nice change.

By the way I liked Michael Douglas' President in the American President with Annete Benning, I really enjoyed that movie.
    Most if not all politicians have speech writers and PR consultants to assist them- one bad word and you'll get grilled. Some politicians write the speech and then have those people to tidy it up, whereas others just let the Party spin doctors write it altogether. I suspect Bush falls into the latter category.

In any case you couldn't possibly trust the man to write a speech himself. Gems like "My fellow astronauts"( :confused: ) or "they misunderestimate me" give an insight of the mental powers and literacy of Dubya.
    Mo Molan i think speaks from the heart and dosen't have some professional speech writer for her.
    I kinda agree Geeza but I suspect that if they said what they really thought there would be few politicians you would want to vote for (if there are any anyway)

PS Love the new Av AL..........:D
    The world would have known what actions America planned if it had listened to Bush's speech. (Not that I'd expect people to be interested...but if you were interested...you could have known.) Back, way over a year before the Iraqi war, Bush named countries he considered to be Axis of Evil and were to stop sponsoring terrorism or face America. Bush is actually hard on speech writers. Many have been fired. He also, told some they 'weren't getting' what he wanted to say and went on to write his own speech...for a minor occasion at a college. The major speeches get written and rewritten by lot's of people. From what I've read, he's not fun to work with.
    Originally posted by Toadborg

PS Love the new Av AL..........:D
    Ditto.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    The world would have known what actions America planned if it had listened to Bush's speech. (Not that I'd expect people to be interested...but if you were interested...you could have known.) Back, way over a year before the Iraqi war, Bush named countries he considered to be Axis of Evil and were to stop sponsoring terrorism or face America. Bush is actually hard on speech writers. Many have been fired. He also, told some they 'weren't getting' what he wanted to say and went on to write his own speech...for a minor occasion at a college. The major speeches get written and rewritten by lot's of people. From what I've read, he's not fun to work with.

Oh, make no mistake, the world knew perfectly well what actions the Bush administration planned from the beginning.

Just because you announce in advance what you plan to do it doesn't make it any less wrong.
    No Alladin, but it makes it honest. He's honest to the point of arrogance.
    Arrogance true, honesty false. Bush and his cronies are as deceitful, crooked and corrupt as they come. One reason why they have stonewalled every attempt of the congress to investigate possible connections to Enron just for starters.
    investigate possible connections to Enron just for starters.

Definate connections to Enron.

But he did say exactly what he was going to do in the W.O.T.
    Originally posted by J
    Hitler spoke from his heart. It was a black heart but.....

LOL... you took it out of my mouth J.

Yes, there you are pnj. Adolf Hitler: a bit nasty wouldn't you say, but you can't deny the man was brutally honest. I mean, he outlined his thoughts and policies very clearly in Mein Kampf, as early as 1925. Plenty of warning about what he thought of other races and the disabled.

So in your book he wasn't such a bad chap then...