Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

legal speed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my boyf claims to have taken a 'legal' speed pill, whats this about?! what makes it legal, does it give u a rough comedown, etc...im kinda curious about this cos ive never heard o it.
he told me it might make him a bit hyper, but he didnt even know what speed did before he took the pill. afterwards he said it did nothing for him...hmmm someone explain!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A lot of head shops (and random shops) sell legal substitues for speed, acid, pills, cannabis etc... (basically its meant to give u the same effect but made from legal stuff) --i guess!

some people love them, ive tried legal cannabis, pills and speed and didnt notice a thing!

rip off...
    legal = rubbish.
    There are several things that are classified as 'legal' speed, most are crap though.

Up untill recently there was BZP, I'm not sure if thats legal anymore, probally not. That was supposed to be preaty good but gave you a nasty hang over for 2 days after using it.

Ethedrine, thats preaty much legit, its crap though, just makes you jittery and makes you go to the loo a lot.

Then theres all the sorts of caffine, but none of them are that different from coffee.
    Oh I just thought you can get prescribed Dex, so I guess if you got a script for that then it would be legal. I dont think a doctor will just give it to you though.
    Never go for anything "legal" there is a reason its legal !
    Originally posted by Crazyredeyes
    Never go for anything "legal" there is a reason its legal !

:yes:
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Oh I just thought you can get prescribed Dex, so I guess if you got a script for that then it would be legal. I dont think a doctor will just give it to you though.
    dexamphetamine ...black bombers ...shit hot billy. you have almost no chance of getting it legal.
    dexies were the most over prescribed drug in the history of prescribing in the 1950's and 60's. almost every mother in the land was put on them to boost productivity after the second world war. the rolling stones had a number one about the situation. get a listen to 'mothers little helper'.
    that's what they had become known as.
    I wouldnt bitch everything thats legit, mushies for example, they're quasi legal and very nice.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I wouldnt bitch everything thats legit, mushies for example, they're quasi legal and very nice.

yeah thats true, but they're only legal when wet right?

ive never been too fond, but then i guess i havent had enough to be able to feel the effect... i had amazonian shrooms wet--nearly made me throw up :p

my friends rave about them tho, so i guess there are some good legal or semi legal drugs.
    It isnt as simple as wet=legal with shrooms, that is a comon view but not right.
    They become class A when they are "prepared for consumption" be that dried or wet, it doesnt say.
    Normaly dried does mean prepared, but thats not always the case.

The point is if your caught with either they have to prove you ment to eat them, but they dont normaly bother.
    oh right... so, if theyre stil wet what would make them illegal-what state of preparation means theyre illegal.. i dont know if that was too clear...?!
    Well if they raid your house and your tucking into a mushie sandwich, that'd probally count.

Its all a bit of a joke really, the police really couldnt care a great deal as long as your not selling, they will do you for that, and dealing class A isnt a nice thing to be done for.
    ma bfs place was raided, for an event unrelated to drugs and came across amazoinian mushrooms, which were still wet.. he recieved a caution.... so im confused by the whole thing!!
    Well in a case like that its probally better to just take the caution and be nice about it. it could have been worse.
    hey, if anyones interested i found out they were just caffeine pills...bleh!
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    dexamphetamine ...black bombers ...shit hot billy. you have almost no chance of getting it legal.
    dexies were the most over prescribed drug in the history of prescribing in the 1950's and 60's. almost every mother in the land was put on them to boost productivity after the second world war. the rolling stones had a number one about the situation. get a listen to 'mothers little helper'.
    that's what they had become known as.
    Ive had dexies twice and hate them, made me very twitchy and on edge, really horrible. does anyone else like them. I think they prescribe them to people with narcolepsy, and someone once told me that you can get them for speed addiction in the same way that heroin addicts can get methadone, but im not too sure on that, and im not sure that id have wanted to tell the doctor in the first place. not the kind of thing you want on your medical record.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Ive had dexies twice and hate them, made me very twitchy and on edge, really horrible. does anyone else like them. I think they prescribe them to people with narcolepsy, and someone once told me that you can get them for speed addiction in the same way that heroin addicts can get methadone, but im not too sure on that, and im not sure that id have wanted to tell the doctor in the first place. not the kind of thing you want on your medical record.
    they prescribe amphet for hyperactive children as well. apparently as they're already hyper it spaces them out. something like that.
    The drug in question is Ritalin(Methylphenidate), but as the chemical name suggests, it is not actually an amphetamine.

It is normally prescribed to kids diagnosed with ADHD for a number of years and are slowly weened off it. The idea is that the drug allows the kids to focus their attention on one thing at a time for longer. However, it is also addictive and this can cause kids further problems.

At normal doses it's effects on people with ADHD is quite the opposite of speed and it's only when taking extremely large doses of Ritalin that it's effects may become more like those of speed.
    Thesite had Ritalin up in their information section as Meth a while ago!
    Anyway I've had ritalin, it does sod all. Not worth the bother. As for amphet being prescribed to kids with ADD, it doesnt happen very often, they have to have it really really bad before they will try that.