Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dollars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
hey folks....
im going to america in a month. im going for 7 weeks. about a week and half will be spent in canada. do you think $2000 USD is enough and then about $700 canadian dollars for the week and a half? i have to pay $600 in the first week for a drama workshop im attending, so in effect i will have about $1400 USD for the rest of my time. im going to a few different places like and im staying with people i know. i have 2 internal flights booked and then i plan on taking buses for 3 journeys. do you think i will have enough?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Well thats getting on for a thousand pounds and if you don't have to pay rent I would imagine you'll be OK, I believe internal transport and food and stuff is quite cheap in America..........
  • Options
    If all you that money is just for food and entertainment then you have plenty! Where are you going exactly?
  • Options
    first off im going to a drama workshop in rhode island, called the US scholar athlete games. that costs $600 USD. then im going to arizona to stay with my friend for about a week. then im going to London in canada for about a week and a half. then im going to indiana for about a week and then new york for about a week and a half or so. im staying with friends so accomodation is free, except for when i go to new york and i will probably book into a hotel or something, or a cheap youth hostel. in the first week in rhode island food and everything is included in the price as is accomodation. so really my money is for going out, food here and there, and transport on buses and stuff. i also have a credit card with £200 on it which i will probably use for my bus tickets on the long journeys. i dont drink which means that i wont really spend a lot when i go out. i plan to budget quite well for most of the trip, and then have a lot to go to new york with as i want to see a lot of the sights and stuff. and when im in arizona i want to go to the grand canyon and i want to go to niagra falls too. i want to buy clothes too but not a lot, just if i see something i like or whatever. u think i will have enough?
  • Options
    As long as you're careful! food is cheap and clothes can be very cheap if you go to discount stores like ross or tj maxx. New York will be your largest expense I expect, hotels there are pretty expensive a youth hostel will be better, but you sound prepared. Have a good trip! :)
  • Options
    thank you! i fully intend to have a wonderful trip!!