Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What the butler thought: Diana's death was no accident

Paul Burrell, the former butler of Princess Diana, has expressed his doubts about the car accident that killed her.

He is not the first one to voice their suspicions about the crash- the most vocal being Mohamed Al Fayed who accused Prince Philip of ordering Diana's death through MI6 and suggested she was pregnant with Dodi Fayed's baby.

So is this another loony conspiracy theory? Or could there be more than meets the eye?

I must say I remain very skeptical about any possibility other than an accident. If you want to kill somebody you don't try to crash their car. Death is by no means guaranteed- especially with big Mercedes cars like the one involved- and if the victim survives they can spill the beans about the attempt.

I certainly do not believe Prince Philip order the murder, although it is true some might have thought Diana was becoming an embarrassment to the Crown.

Does anyone here believe there were dark forces at work?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    even if you want a death to seem totally unsuspicious, you don't do it, with the means of a car accident. No one knows how the outcome will be.

Had it been a regular person, with same kind of history, but not as public, then no one would suspect such a thing.
  • Options
    Re: What the butler thought: Diana's death was no accident
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Does anyone here believe there were dark forces at work?

Nope. Al Fayed just seems to be trying to avoid any responsibility because it was one of his drivers.

Still, it gives conspiracy thorists something else to work on. Anyone considered that it was the arms manufacturers because of her cause celebre re: Landmines?
  • Options
    Or royalists concerned about the mother of the future King marrying an Arab. :rolleyes:

Remember how the car was serviced a few days before the accident. Perhaps MI6 installed a James Bond-like device to control the vehicle? :lol:

Not forgetting the elusive Fiat 1 (about half the weight if not less of a Merc) what clipped the side of Diana's car and mysteriously disappeared.
  • Options
    I read the French are big on conspiracy theories regarding their own government...it's like a cultural thing.