Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

So I keyed in "bomb".

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yesterday, a report came on the Internet about how the US Government is testing volunteers on systems that will combine all the information that can be gathered about a person...from what they buy, what they read/watch, who they vote for, how they communicate to every email they've ever sent. This combined with a worry I told my dad I had seems to have sent him off. I mentioned that I was worried that my friend and I sent an email to the Saudi embassy after 9/11 telling them that Muslims were still welcomed in America. My friend's dad is a Muslim from Pakistan and we both were worried that he'd end up on some government list. (Too much Sci Fi channel....maybe?) Anyway, so my dad calls me in his home office and says read this email I'm sending out to all of my friends. The email basically said: bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb....Remember that scene in that old movie "The Shining" when the wife reads what her husband is writing and he's just repeating the same line. And that's that's when you realize he's nuts?

Anyway, he suggested I key in the word "bomb" with my name under it. And we sent it out. His friends sent emails back laughing at him. They knew what article he read.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you been drinking?
    Nope. Sober. Which is a sad answer when you think of it.:p
    Re: So I keyed in "bomb".
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Yesterday, a report came on the Internet about how the US Government is testing volunteers on systems that will combine all the information that can be gathered about a person...from what they buy, what they read/watch, who they vote for, how they communicate to every email they've ever sent. This combined with a worry I told my dad I had seems to have sent him off. I mentioned that I was worried that my friend and I sent an email to the Saudi embassy after 9/11 telling them that Muslims were still welcomed in America. My friend's dad is a Muslim from Pakistan and we both were worried that he'd end up on some government list. (Too much Sci Fi channel....maybe?) Anyway, so my dad calls me in his home office and says read this email I'm sending out to all of my friends. The email basically said: bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb....Remember that scene in that old movie "The Shining" when the wife reads what her husband is writing and he's just repeating the same line. And that's that's when you realize he's nuts?

Anyway, he suggested I key in the word "bomb" with my name under it. And we sent it out. His friends sent emails back laughing at him. They knew what article he read.
    they will be rtaking your dad away very soon.
    your government are fascist scumbags who will soon controll everything totaly. the entire media will be owned by dubya himself very soon ...but in rummys name.
    unless someone fucking bombs them!!!!!i hope your dads clean. i dont want to share a cell with some dirtbag!
    i dont want to share a cell with some dirtbag!

blahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

And his son, me, :lol: