Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How Do You Know

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if this is the right topic or not or if I might have done this before or not, but how do you know if you are really, truly an alcoholic?

I feel and fear that I might be becoming an alcoholic and I have been barely 21 years of age, the legal drinking age, in most of the USA, and I fear that I may have a drinking problem, and I was just wondering what are some of the signs/symtoms of an alcoholic?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you could try: http://www.aa-uk.org.uk/publications/areyou.htm

but i got six and i dont even really drink anymore. but when i did drink some people thought i was an alcoholic so maybe they were right.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    im sorry ... i think the test is shit. i got 2 and i rarely drink. but according to the test i am an alcoholic :eek2:
    yeah i know but its all i found.
    MySuffice21, why dont you tell us why you think you're an alcoholic and maybe someone might be able to help more
    if your life absolutely revolves around alcohol then you should probably see a doctor, a test on the internet is not a proper diagnosis
    a test on the internet is not a proper diagnosis

:yes: agreed, according to that im an aloholic and i drink only once a week, and then not heavily :rolleyes: