Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

cilest pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am due to start on the pill cilest on wednesday after changing from microgyon 30. The doctor has changed it due to the fact that my chest has got really big on this pill and is causing me trouble. Just wondering if anyone is on cilest and how they have found it. Thanx guys :) xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im on cilest, have been for years. It was the second one i tried and i've never had any problems with it. My skin is a lot clearer now ( although it wasn't spotty b4)
    I was on it for just 3 months - it gave me a week of headaches each month :(
    i've tried a few and cilest has been the best for me
    Yeah im on cilest, have been for about 2 years i think. It has stopped me feeling bloated every month and also my skin stays clear as when i was on microgynon 30 i got the odd few spots.

Good luck with it hun :)
    My gf is on Cilest too and if the doc gave it cos your boobs were getting too big then I dunno why he gave you this one, it's made her boobs grow pretty big as well. She's had no major problems with it as far as I know.
    thanx everyone. The doctor said that if this one doesnt work then its prob best to come off. I hope i dont have to coz condoms arent always that reliable. Ill have to keep you posted on how i get on :)
    Hiya, hope you get on ok with Cilest, I've certainly never had any problems with it.:D
    You probably don't want to hear this but I had loads of trouble with Cilest. I went on it because Microgynon 30 wasn't working and I was just coming on randomly!! After taking Cilest for a couple of weeks though I couldn't keep any food inside me ... the larger amount of one of the hormones (can't remember which) made me rush off to the toilet about half an hour after every meal. Stupidly I didn't make the link and it was only about 4 months later (having lost lots of weight - woohoo) and after lots of blood tests that I finally asked whether it could be my pill.

There are loads of pills out there though and eventually you will find one that suits you. Don't let your doctor fob you off with 'if this one doesn't work, then you should just give up'. It took me 3 pills to find one that suited me but I've known of other people who've tried loads before they found the one for them. Good luck with Cilest - if nothing else, it does come in a pretty coloured packet!!
    I took Cilest for a while. I was an A cup when I started & an A cup when I stopped taking it!