Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Reading

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:hyper:

Who's going to Reading this year? How cool is it gonna be? such a good line-up!!!!! haven't been before but looking forward2it so much!!!!!!! what do i need to take, anyone who's been before? a disposable tent?

yaaaayy!!!!!

xxx
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not going but I know people who are:)
    I'm already in Reading, I live there! Woooo! *ahem*
    I know a few people from Reading too. :) I'm sure you will have a great time at Reading festival the line up looks cool but it depends on whether you like them a lot or not at all. I'm sure you must have seen the line up by now to have bought the ticket. Sleeping in tents is cool although I prefer sleeping under the stars in just a sleeping bag in the summer with a group of friends nearby for company. The atmosphere at a gig is brilliant I know cos I have been twice to gigs but I have never delighted in the Reading festival. Maybe one day I will go to it. But right now I'd rather spend my money on getting through uni life. As for what to take you should take a tent (it depends how long you are staying for though). Also take a sleeping bag and torch, toiletries, clothes, sunglasses, sunhat, shoes (trainers preferably old or perhaps boots). You have to provide for all conditions cos English weather can be a nightmare. For example jumpers keep you warm especially at night and weather proof garments cos you may get soaked. Anyway I will stop talking now have a great time at the gig and watch out for my boyfriend he may well be the tallest there lol.
    ok, cheers v much jacaranda. will keep an eye out for your boyf - if i see anyone particularly tall i'll start speaking to them. lol

:)
    Re: Reading
    Originally posted by vinyl_armadillo
    :hyper:

Who's going to Reading this year? How cool is it gonna be? such a good line-up!!!!! haven't been before but looking forward2it so much!!!!!!! what do i need to take, anyone who's been before? a disposable tent?

yaaaayy!!!!!

xxx

Wow! I did this exact same thread last year!

Take a good tent that'll stand pissed ppl falling on it (i.e you at 4 in the morning when you're blazed and cant find the zip)

Loooots of alcohol (its a fucking rip off there)

Paracetamol + Pro Plus (keep you going)

Loo Roll (obvious but i know someone who didn't bring any last year....)

easily eatable food that doesn't go off or get crushed easily (easy to eat when you're high/pissed so you don't die)

at least 10 mates (six tents or so) so you can have your own camp and fire.

and finally. the one thing I was most grateful for being told on here last year; BABY WIPES! they keep you clean(ish) and can be used for just about anything. Take a pack. In fact, take two because all your mates will want them.
    heh, i told you to take baby wipes :)

Unfortunately, i will not be attending Reading this year. It is sold out :(
    festival special - hasn't totally been rehauled for 2003 yet, but i've sorted out all the line-ups etc :)
    Last year I left my tent at Leeds because I couldn't be arsed to pack it all away - I was knackered.

No festivals for me this year, although my boyfriend and his friends won backstage passes for Download. :)
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    heh, i told you to take baby wipes :)

Unfortunately, i will not be attending Reading this year. It is sold out :(
    Already!
    I got my ticket in march...

(and cheers by the way, they were the best idea)
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

No festivals for me this year, although my boyfriend and his friends won backstage passes for Download. :)
    ooo how lucky! my friend is going for the first day, the line up looks great! i might be going to reading but just for the first day (Placebo and Finch):D
    xxx
    GODDAM METALLICA ARE GOING TO BE THERE!!! Is that not incentive enough for anyone to cough up 100 quid for a ticket?? Also looking forward to seeing Placebo. Too much Nu Metal toss for my liking however. But go and see the Polyphonic spree. You might not think it to look at them but they rule. Also go and see the Libertines and the Datsuns. It's gonna rule this year.
    Originally posted by jwf26
    GODDAM METALLICA ARE GOING TO BE THERE!!! Is that not incentive enough for anyone to cough up 100 quid for a ticket?? Also looking forward to seeing Placebo. Too much Nu Metal toss for my liking however. But go and see the Polyphonic spree. You might not think it to look at them but they rule. Also go and see the Libertines and the Datsuns. It's gonna rule this year.

You missed out the three best bands there!
    Blur
    The White Stripes
    Electric Six!
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    You missed out the three best bands there!
    Blur
    The White Stripes
    Electric Six!

Id say in terms of following, recording history and hits, Metallica are better than anyone else there by a country mile. They´re probably the biggest band on the planet at the mo and Id like to hear if you disagree with that and who youd have in their place. The other best bands, as Ive said before are the Libertines, The Datsuns and the Polyphonic Spree. Am looking forward to the White Stripes too.
    Id say in terms of following, recording history and hits, Metallica are better than anyone else there by a country mile. They´re probably the biggest band on the planet at the mo and Id like to hear if you disagree with that and who youd have in their place. The other best bands, as Ive said before are the Libertines, The Datsuns and the Polyphonic Spree. Am looking forward to the White Stripes too.

Metallica aren't my kind of music and i'm not sure there as popular as you say; I know only one person with a Metallica album...

Yeah the Libertines and the Datsuns are brillynt and i must admit to never having heard any Polyphonic spree!
    Oh, and i'd put The White Stripes in their place...
    P.S; Anybody want to join my tribe@ Reading?
    P.S; Anybody want to join my tribe@ Reading?
    Yes please:yeees:

I saw the Libertines when they were still playing pubs and clubs and they were the best Ive ever seen them. Go and see the Polyphonic spree instead of Stinkin Park on the Friday and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on sunday. Smaller bands but still kick ass. I still maintain that most people in the rock know would say that Metallica are pretty much the biggest band on the planet.
    Yes please:yeees:

I saw the Libertines when they were still playing pubs and clubs and they were the best Ive ever seen them. Go and see the Polyphonic spree instead of Stinkin Park on the Friday and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on sunday. Smaller bands but still kick ass. I still maintain that most people in the rock know would say that Metallica are pretty much the biggest band on the planet.

All you have to do is flash your arse at the bands whenever you land at the front after crowd surfing!;)
    won backstage passes for Download

Lucky buggers. Iron Maiden are headlining there on the first day.

Unfortunately I have to study.

May be attending Leeds though.
    Im going to leeds and it seems everyone else is going to reading - i was going there .... until it sold out so i bought my leeds ticket!! yay!!
    Bit too many crap bands for my liking (Linkin Park, Bowling For Soup, Blink 182, Sum 41, Good fucking Charlotte) but I'm going anyway. Should be enough quality to make up for it. Bands to see -

Interpol
    Blur
    The White Stripes
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    The Music
    Junior Senior
    Grandaddy
    Doves
    The Thrills
    Hot Hot Heat
    Elbow
    Electric Six
    one day person

im only to reading,on the sunday with my best mate :D cant wait for mettalica and system of a down :D not so good charlotte will be there so hopefully ill be too plasterd t want to kill kill them by the time they on!!!

my question is, if you go for one day, how does it work exactly, and what should we take?
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Last year I left my tent at Leeds because I couldn't be arsed to pack it all away - I was knackered.

Yeah I left my tent there one year..it was kind of broken from people falling on it, and I really couldn't be arsed to lug it back to the train station. It was a really shitty tent anyway...Fisher price 'my first tent' or similar..it was a last resort!

That download festival has merged deconstruction into it hasnt it? I am SO pissed off!! Deconstruction was always a nice chilled day out getting drunk and watching a few punk bands then going home, all for less than £20. Now they've made it into a bloody metal festival or something and are charging £90! :mad:
    Re: one day person
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85

my question is, if you go for one day, how does it work exactly, and what should we take?

Well..you make your way there..they'll be zillions of people walking there so just follow them all. All the day people tend to come in between about 9 and 12.. the arena opens at about 12/12.30.
    Anyway, they usually check your tickets on the way in to the site, then you go to the wristband exchange where you queue up and exchange your ticket for a wristband. Then you go queue up to get into the arena, and that's it.
    Re: one day person
    Originally posted by LonDoNErcHriS85
    im only to reading,on the sunday with my best mate :D cant wait for mettalica and system of a down :D not so good charlotte will be there so hopefully ill be too plasterd t want to kill kill them by the time they on!!!

Did you know that they don't actually stop you from camping if you have a day band? (You just can't go in the arena on the other two days you haven't paid 4.)
    Re: Re: one day person
    Did you know that they don't actually stop you from camping if you have a day band? (You just can't go in the arena on the other two days you haven't paid 4.)

Which is what i'm gonna do this year... :D
    Re: Re: Re: one day person
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Which is what i'm gonna do this year... :D

You got round the sold-outedness then!