Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help - A beautiful stranger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, ive no doubt that other people will relate to this:

Every night on the way home from work i walk past the main bus-stop in town (or drive if ive been a lazy git and couldnt be arsed to walk). For the last few weeks there has been this gorgeous looking girl waiting at the bus stop, and ive convinced myself its love at first sight!

Trouble is i havent got a clue how to get the ball rolling. In my brief experience of relationships (and it is brief) i have always got together with girls i know (i.e school/college mates), so i dont know what to do or what to say! Ive managed to make eye contact a few times but i dont want to stare at her or start following her!

I normally finish work at 5 and her bus leaves at 5:02 so i havent got much time! She obviously lives in one of the surrounding towns/villages to where i live and cant be very far away, but no-one i know seems to know her. She does have a mate who is normally with her, and on some occaisons her mate is alone. Would it be worth approaching her mate? At least then i could find out if shes single!

Help! Your response could affect my future happiness, and hers! ;)

Comments

• Options
    Since you only have 2 minutes my advice will be to talk quickly.

Try saying hello.
  • Options
    lol.

Yeah, just small talk - it's cliched but talking about weather / damn public transport / what day of the week it is, while it may be boring, is the way to lead onto a more interesting and flirty conversation :)

and hence to talking lots :)

and hence to seeing her more :)

and hence to future happiness :)
  • Options
    Get on the same bus one day and sit next to her. Then just start chatting :)
  • Options
    Are you that bloke who works in the carpet shop on North Road? If so.... ;) I fancy you too.

If not, bleh!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Are you that bloke who works in the carpet shop on North Road? If so.... ;) I fancy you too.

If not, bleh!

It'd be sooo cute if he was that guy your talking bout! How freaky would that be.

I know what you mean bout falling for a stranger. Im mad about a guy in my class that ive never spoken too :( Im gonna have to like him from afar :(
  • Options
    If you are a little apprehensive it maybe worth doing either one of two things
    1) just go for it- catch the bus and maybe ask if you could sit with her, tell her you've noticed her lots of times and find her very attractive, or be as subtle as possible, just making polite conversation about any old thing and then see where things drift or...
    2) approach that friend of hers, but make it absoloutly clear that your interest is with her friend, for example don't start with something like, I've noticed you stand here with you friend at the bus stop and well...is she single? Try something more like, I was wondering if your friend was single. I've noticed her standing here a number of times and think she's very...beautiful? Maybe! I'm afraid subtleness isn't my specialty but I know, being female myself!, if a guy came up to me and quickly got the point of how much he liked me I would think, yeah he just finds me attractive and wants a shag! So taking your time in your approach might pay off better than, "I've noticed you and really like you- oh look i'm on this bus with you, I'll sit next to you...o why do you look scared? Of course I'm not stalking you!"
    Ok- so brief recap- get to know her a lil, flirt the tiniest bit but if you just speak to her for a few minutes she'll be sure to remember you, and if those few minutes of time you take out to get to know her will make you a guy she'll certainly remember and hopefully be intrigued to discover more about!

Love Bubzy
    xxxxxxxxx
    ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

If not, bleh!

Nope, sorry!

Ta for the advice so far people!
  • Options
    Just talk to her.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    Just talk to her.

Erm, thanks :eek2:
  • Options
    Whoo hoooo!

I asked her out last week and we went out for a drink on friday :) Seeing her again tomorrow!

:D
  • Options
    Ooh well done :)

See, it worked! It's always good to take the plunge and approach someone. Hope it's going well :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by lennon
    Whoo hoooo!

I asked her out last week and we went out for a drink on friday :) Seeing her again tomorrow!

:D

Oooh well done :thumb:

Keep us updated on how it goes ;)
  • Options
    Well, this beautiful stranger is now my beautiful girlfriend!

:yeees:
  • Options
    Yay :) I love happy endings!
  • Options
    Yay! Very happy for you. See, good things do come of TheSite!

Hope things keep going well for you :D

LSS
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Yay! Very happy for you. See, good things do come of TheSite!
    LSS

Yes, very good things! ;)
  • Options
    hmm. I think I just saw the most beautiful girl I have ever seen this evening. She got on the same bus as me, sat next to me, got off at the same stop as me, and practically lives in the road next to mine. Wish I'd spoken to her. I never seem to have much luck with women....