Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

new digicam/webcam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought a new digi-cam today which can also be used as a webcam. Ive plugged it into the computer, installed all the crap that comes on the CD but I can get the webcam to work on either MSN or Yahoo. Are there any websites or anything I can use and does anyone understand why its not working?

Any suggestions?

Edited to say: on the program that you use to upload your pics (came with the camera) and use the video thing, i can see an image, you can see me moving and everything, just dont understand why it doesnt work on MSN and Yahoo.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: new digicam/webcam
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    I bought a new digi-cam today which can also be used as a webcam. Ive plugged it into the computer, installed all the crap that comes on the CD but I can get the webcam to work on either MSN or Yahoo. Are there any websites or anything I can use and does anyone understand why its not working?

Any suggestions?

Edited to say: on the program that you use to upload your pics (came with the camera) and use the video thing, i can see an image, you can see me moving and everything, just dont understand why it doesnt work on MSN and Yahoo.

Go to www.webcamxp.com and download that. It's a pretty good program, and people can view your camera by just going to an url :)
    My webcam doesn't work on yahoo or msn if I have the initial programme opened. Could that be your problem?
    For a start, which make and model is it. Look through the instructions for the makers/importers website, then look there for driver/software updates and troubleshooting FAQ's. Oh, and is it working properly as a camera, and allowing you to download the pics to your PC?

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Oh, and is it working properly as a camera, and allowing you to download the pics to your PC?

Yeah, she can take and then download pics fine.
    I'd just like to say, I've got my digicam set up as a webcam now, and i never knew how much fun you could have ohh deary me. :D

I can live out my sad life without the need for other beings. Except for food, and maybe electricity, tho if i get ptoatoes i can run my pc on that :p