Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I Fancy My Best Mate - THe Risk

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really really liked my best mate for months so i told her and tonight i lost my best mate forever. She didnt want anything more than friends and i couldnt be just friends so it ended.:crying: To anyone who's in the same situation just a warning that the worst case does happen and it is a risk

Comments

• Options
    I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with your friend.

However, I think people should be aware that there can be a positive outcome.

I have been going out with my best friend for over four years now.
    Tip: Get a mutual friend to suss out their attitude before you tell them!
  • Options
    What an awful situation.

In my first year at uni I really liked my best mate at uni too but knew deep down she didn't like me "in that way" so I kept quiet.

It was very hard but looking back I'm glad I did, we are still friends ( not as close, sometimes I find her annoying now) and I met someone else :) ( even thought it ended :( )

Don't make any rash decisions, you maybe able to be friends, I know it sounds difficult though. I'm friends even with my ex :crazyeyes . it's difficult but I'm managing!
  • Options
    It's all over, just because you told her? As Punto said, don't act too rashly and end your friendship. I know it must be hard to deal with but if she's a really good friend, wouldn't you rather have her around in that capacity than lose her completely?
  • Options
    Tsk thanks I was gona confess to my mate like in next few days and youve put me off now.
  • Options
    Don't make it put you off, but before you confess you have to pretty certain the feeling is mutual. As someone else said above, perhaps get a friend to sound her feelings beforehand
  • Options
    Re: I Fancy My Best Mate - THe Risk
    Originally posted by Sharkky
    I really really liked my best mate for months so i told her and tonight i lost my best mate forever. She didnt want anything more than friends and i couldnt be just friends so it ended.:crying: To anyone who's in the same situation just a warning that the worst case does happen and it is a risk

I told my best mate two weeks I like her, we discussed it and agreed we'd just be friends. I am happy its sorted that way-I get to move on now as such, felt awkward fro a few days,but were back good mates now its kinda forgotten about.

You have to get that mentality into your head and do the same-
    Bomber I suggest you go for it, he took the decision to end their friendship in effect- you'll get that choice!
  • Options
    fair point, well got another couple of days before I see her anyway.