Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Private detectives, anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As an unasham-ed Cosmo addict, I was reading an article the other day about hiring private detectives to find out if your partner is cheating on you.

Which I thought would make an interesting topic for discussion.

Has anyone done it? Or would anyone consider it?

What about if someone came along and said 'I can show you a video of exactly what your partner was doing last night'? Would you be able to refuse?

Say you had the money to hire a detective - would you think about doing it? I personally like to think I'd trust them enough not to. But then I suppose I can see the attraction - if you already had your suspicions, and the service was available, and you had the money... *shudder* it's a horrible thought, but you can see why people do it.

Thoughts?

LSS

Comments

• Options
    Bet it's bloody expensive! I would just do it myself! ;)
  • Options
    If I had my suspicions then I would not waste my money - I would do a little digging myself. I don't think my bf would have the time to cheat, even if he wanted to! :p

Seriously though, I think it is a complete waste of money. If you have to hire a private detective then you don't trust your partner, and without trust a relationship just can't work!

If someone came along with a video of what my partner was doing last night I would have them done for stalking, and wonder why they had so much time on their hands that they fancied filming my boyfriend for free!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Bet it's bloody expensive! I would just do it myself! ;)
    I'll remember to keep an eye out for a redhead shuffling around Bournemouth and Poole in a mac. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    I'll remember to keep an eye out for a redhead shuffling around Bournemouth and Poole in a mac. :)

haha yeah. If anyone wants me to follow their boyfriends I'll be more than happy to do so for a small charge ;)
  • Options
    Nah totally crazy, I'd never do that.

Where does it stop ?? Hiring a hitman to kill the other person if they've been cheating ??

If anyone got a pivate detective on me, they'd be dumped.
  • Options
    I wouldn`t bother. If I had suspicions I`d watch and wait. Give someone enough rope and eventually they`ll hang themselves.
  • Options
    I know someone who hired one and caught there wife and I also know a private detective but dont think id bother unles i had lots of spare cash and there was no way i could prove he was having an affair without one
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I wouldn`t bother. If I had suspicions I`d watch and wait. Give someone enough rope and eventually they`ll hang themselves.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by slinkyGirl1
    I agree!!!!!!!!!!!

It`s true! I speak from long, miserable experience. Don`t let them know you`re onto them, they get cocky and careless and then you get your proof. :yes: