Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

now someone is

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
interested, I dont know what to do!

A friend of a friend (who has become my friend recently)likes me-I like him so it should be simple-GET TOGETHER. However this is me and my life isnt simple. I have been out with one of this friends mates before and it all went horrid and he turned into a freak, unknown to his friends he was like this. It caused a rift and took a while to get over, I dont think he is like this but I didnt think the other was. Also im scared, I havent done this in a while and I just dont know if im ready after all. and, now heres the and......hes 17 and im nearly 21...
thoughts please :confused:

Comments

• Options
    I don't quite understand... are you saying that you're worried about what would happen with this guy because of an experience you had with one of his friends? If so, don't be silly :rolleyes: not all men are the same... honest!

Try not to let your past experiences colour your perception of this guy; if you both feel the same about each other, try getting together and I'm sure it'll work out :)

As for the age thing... I personally wouldn't really go for a 21yrold and I'm 17, and vice versa ie. if I were 21 and the guy were 17, because I don't think we'd have enough in common... but then if you already like one another then the age doesn't need to be an issue.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I don't quite understand... are you saying that you're worried about what would happen with this guy because of an experience you had with one of his friends? If so, don't be silly :rolleyes: not all men are the same... honest!

Try not to let your past experiences colour your perception of this guy; if you both feel the same about each other, try getting together and I'm sure it'll work out :)

As for the age thing... I personally wouldn't really go for a 21yrold and I'm 17, and vice versa ie. if I were 21 and the guy were 17, because I don't think we'd have enough in common... but then if you already like one another then the age doesn't need to be an issue.

Good luck :)

yeah im tarring all men with the same brush! we have shed loads in common, hes started hanging out with my group of ffiends and we range from all sorts of ages, im just being stupid.
    Ah he just called, im seeing him saturday.
    I dont know why im bothering about the age thing my first and only long term partner was 30, think its just cos hes younger than me and under 18.
    ah i keep coming to 1 decision and then changign my mind :confused:
  • Options
    Hang on, last weekend you were all up for going out for a random shag, yet the thought of a possible relationship scares the hell out of you? Does not compute! I would think the random shag would be more dangerous, and could be worse all round. :(

So, what's the problem with having a relationship with someone you already know? Not everybody is a freak. :) The age gap isn't too great if that's what you're worried about, though it's more normal to have it the other way around. Just get on with it! :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Just another angle to go on with the age thing. It may not be a problem but you have to consider that even though you get on great with this guy, in a relationship he may turn out to be immature as he may never have had a relationship before.
    If I was you I would still go for it, take the risk and hope that it turns out how you want it to. :)
  • Options
    When me and my gf moved to my uni area, I was 19 and her just turned 17. A few months later, I'm totally trapped and all sorts!
    The age thing has caused me to be held back a bit. One reason why I'm offloading her soon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by -=Shacques©=-

The age thing has caused me to be held back a bit. One reason why I'm offloading her soon.

:lol: thats nice! she doing u fine in the meantime though? tut tut not the best bf material are ya?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Hang on, last weekend you were all up for going out for a random shag, yet the thought of a possible relationship scares the hell out of you? Does not compute! I would think the random shag would be more dangerous, and could be worse all round. :(

So, what's the problem with having a relationship with someone you already know? Not everybody is a freak. :) The age gap isn't too great if that's what you're worried about, though it's more normal to have it the other way around. Just get on with it! :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I wasnt entirely serious about the random shag and plus I am not scared of danger with him! im scared of not being ready or for it all messing up again and causing hassle in my group of friends if it were a bad split, if we did split, if we got together! :lol:

but we spoke last night and I aired all my fears and we have agreed to just carry on flirting and see what happens naturally, he actually suggested this and i was relieved. I think hes mature enough, time will tell though!

Anyway, im just gona 'get on with it' im hooking up wiv him sat afternoon for a beer.

:D