Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Boys dancing at clubs.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok im talking about U-18s here as thats what I go to.Ok me and me mates whenever we go to a U-18s club we get pretty pissed.And we always dance!Cos we dont care.But we always seem to be the only boys.The other boys just hang about and pick thier women and pull with them.(which is good cos we pull alot of women :naughty: ) So what happens at your U-18s?Or when you used to go?Did any boys dance or were there quite alot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never really been a fan of clubs that arent proper clubbing clubs, you know the ones that are basicaly just pubs with a later licence so with all the places I've been to most people are there for the music.
    In fact at some of the events I've been to I'd say it was the opposite, you step into a hardcore room and most of the people really going for it will be blokes.
    IM only 19 now so can still remember these-
    When I was 15-16 going to these i'd rarely get up and dance and only if all my mates were up dancing.

but in the last 2-3 years, ive more confidence about dancing and have often beng one of the first few people on the floor dancing- even on nights when im not drinking!Ill agree less men on the floor and great for picking up women- i mean who cares how bad you look!

Like most things you learn to adapt to it pretty quickly. Ive being to all the biggest clubs IN Ibiza, Majorca, Tormelinos and all over the place-
    I dont care what i look like cos im pissed.Bugt noone takes the piss cos they are jealous really that we have the confidence to do it.All the girls love us and the boys respect us.Cant wait till tonight!
    i'm 15 and i go to U-18S clubs a lot, most lads i see there are just out to pull, but those that do 'dance' just seem to stand on the spot and flap their hands in the air like loonies, and thats when they are sober.
    In my experience you can either dance, or care what other people think.

If you try and do both you end up symultainiously failing at both.

I will say though it's a lot easier to look good as a dancing female than a dancing male.
    People have said it could be because women have naturally better rytham, or are better movers. I don't think so, i think It's just that women look good, so all they need to do is stop the dancing from detracting from that, where-as men need to use there dancing to make them look better.

It's just my theory.
    I, like Bongbudda, would tend to go to proper clubs with proper music therefore its not strange to see guys up losing the plot to sum tunes. In other 'clubs' were cheesey music is played it tends to be only girls who will dance, or else really REALLY drunk guys who dont know any better. What I find interesting is the differences in how males and females dance. If you look at females they will throw their arms about swing their hips, head in the air. Males tend to have their head down, arms going up and down to the beat, and some leg movement to the bassline. Its so predictable. Maybe they dont wanna give to much away or look too feminine!
    When i went to under 18 nights back in the day, no one was drunk cos you'd get searched for alcohol.
    I love young guys who can dance to the really hard hardcore and drum and bass. They are class to watch.

Some gays are really good dancers at the Hard House nights.
    They won't let me into an under 18s club. :naughty:

Curiouslad - which club you talking about? Babylon?
    Rumours or whatever its called now.The old euphoria.Its good cos i can get into both U-18s and over 18s.:D
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    Rumours or whatever its called now.The old euphoria.

Yeah, it's called Rumours now. Rumour has it that it's just as bad as Euphoria, i.e. 12 people in there! Keep clear. Then again everywhere's pretty poor here.
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Yeah, it's called Rumours now. Rumour has it that it's just as bad as Euphoria, i.e. 12 people in there! Keep clear. Then again everywhere's pretty poor here.
    yea i know.But U-18s its really good everyone goes.Have you heard of the chichester arms in bishops tawton?
    yea i know.But U-18s its really good everyone goes.

Oh I see. I wonder if I play my cards right whether a 20-year-old could get in? :naughty: Apparently I don't look 20 (gees, it's my 21st soon, too), so I might be able to. :p
    Have you heard of the chichester arms in bishops tawton?

Yep! Been there a couple of times to have food. :yum:
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost

Yep! Been there a couple of times to have food. :yum:

Thank you!Thats where i work.Just been working there tonight.Sometimes i help out with the food ie.making side salads, putting chips in fryer things like that.
    Thank you!Thats where i work.Just been working there tonight.Sometimes i help out with the food ie.making side salads, putting chips in fryer things like that.

Yeah, the food was delicious except for the side salads and chips. :lol: Joke mate. No, no complaints at all. If I remember rightly, I think I had curry or scampi and chips last time. Not sure.
    The problem I find is that if blokes try and do something really creative with lots of hip swaying etc they end up looking quite camp, which although not a huge problem is not really the look I attempt.
    Originally posted by ajshep1984
    Personally I dance like a complete prick but I dont care cos Im havin fun! Fuck everyone elses opinion!
    Most guys do! Like you said it doesnt matter as long as you're having fun :D

Dance like nobody's watching :thumb:
    We only have one stab at life so make sure you get out there and have loads of fun. Who cares what others think about you. You should be happy in yourself first and dance the night away like theres no tomorrow. Stay happy and refreshed thats the life we love the best.
    I'm not sure I can compete for the 'hardcore elite' because I cant dance the whole night through, or at least I've only done that a few times, but I recon I can dance preaty well.
    I dont care what i look like cos im pissed.Bugt noone takes the piss cos they are jealous really that we have the confidence to do it.All the girls love us and the boys respect us.Cant wait till tonight!

You mean you have the confidnce when your pissed?
    Which shows you lack confidence because you can only do it when your pissed- amateurs :rolleyes: