Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who's your role model?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just out of curiosity, who's your role model? What do you think makes a good role model?

My role model has been Aaliyah for the past few years. A lot of people say to me, "oh you're only saying that cos she died...blah blah blah" so I don't even bother trying to explain lol. I liked her long before she died, and I think she still makes a great role model. Obviously I didn't know her personally but she seemed to come across as a really lovely genuine person. I liked her attitude towards life, so yea, that's my role model.

So, c'mon folks, who do you look up to? :D

Comments

• Options
    I haven't really thought about this. TBH I can only think of people who I fancy and stuff like Jeremy Sheffield. I look up to him cos he's gone far and he's one of the first gay actors in straight roles.
  • Options
    I try to live by some of Noam Chomsky's philosophy's.
    One Minute Silence are also my role model's, they encourage thought, which is good ;)
    Joey Jordison is also a role model, he is very focussed, and very intelligent.
  • Options
    Re: Who's your role model?
    Originally posted by From The Block
    My role model has been Aaliyah for the past few years. A lot of people say to me, "oh you're only saying that cos she died...blah blah blah" so I don't even bother trying to explain lol. I liked her long before she died, and I think she still makes a great role model.

:yes: Good choice. Very talented young girlie she was.

I don't really have one.......
  • Options
    I look up to my friend Ian who takes each moment as it comes and lives life to the fullest. He's the best person I know. He's really funny, and caring, and he has so much charisma it's unbelievable. He can just walk into a pub, order a drink, and he'll have the barmaid talking to him like an old friend and tough men shaking his hand. Also, he used to live in the same town as me, but a few years ago he managed to move to Cornwall, where he spent his holidays as a child, which I've always wanted to do. He's not particularly intelligent or successful, he gets by doing work on various farms around cornwall, and rents a caravan. I love him to bits, and everyone I know does too.
  • Options
    I also like to think of my dad as a role model too. He is very selfless, and a kind, caring man who would do anything for his family, and the sacrifices he makes for our benefit are great :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    I also like to think of my dad as a role model too. He is very selfless, and a kind, caring man who would do anything for his family, and the sacrifices he makes for our benefit are great :D

I wish my dad was like that :(
  • Options
    my dad's a bit of a knob and he's made a hell of a lot of mistakes, but something makes me so proud of him its unreal. In a way he is a role modell, but if i could, id choose myself. Thats not me being big headed or what have you, im just really proud of who i am and what i do for myself, and how hard I work to achieve what i do. I think im an excellent friend and Im extremely confident and dont have anything to be ashamed of. So yeh, im proud of myself, and look forward to what Im going to be for the rest of my life.
  • Options
    Sometimes my Mum, sometimes my dad, sometimes Morrocan Roll, sometimes my friends, sometimes my teachers.

I try to take the best of what I see and use it...

(I steal other peoples mannerisms and personalities!)
    Mu-ha-ha-ha!
  • Options
    bill. bens partner. always have a little weed nearby.
  • Options
    My mum. Just don't tell her I said that.

She can be really glamorous and sophisticated, but she's also so amazingly down to earth and ALWAYS seems to be right. She's incredibly open minded despite being a rich lawyer's wife (eg her two best friends are a couple of cockney lesbians). She always has the best advice for me, and even though she's gone up in the world now she never forgets the beginning she had in life.

Can't believe I said that. But yeah, my role model is my mum.

LSS
  • Options
    I don't have one. Should I?

I guess there are qualities certain people have that I admire, like some of my best friends, my parents, my boyfriend, my grandad.... but likewise there are some things about them that I hope I'll never adopt!!! I like to pick and choose qualities from different people that I like, and try to learn from them all :)
  • Options
    Demian/Emil Sinclair
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    bill. bens partner. always have a little weed nearby.

(k)
  • Options
    Jimmy page, Eric Clapton, Hank Marvin, Jimi Hendrix, Snowy White, Dave Gilmour, Syd Barret, Angus Young, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammet, Kurt Cobain, Jeff Beck, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Brian Robertson, Gary Moore, Robert Johnson, Marty Friedman, Dave Mustaine, Toni Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Pete Townshend, John Lennon, Slash, Jonathan Davis, Matt Vernen Michael Momechia, B.B King, Mark Knopfler, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kerry King, Munky, Head, Ediie Van Halen, Joe Satriani, Billy Corgan, Brian May, Randy Roads, Nerf Herder, Steve Howe, Jim Morrison, Francis Rossi, Carlos Santana, Canned Heat, Ten Years After, John Frusciante, Richie Blackmore, Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Steve Harris, Janick Gers, Tom Morello, Dimebag Darrell, Zakk Wilde, Neil Young, Matt Bellamy, John Lee Hooker, Leadbelly, Jefferson Airplane, James Brown, Johans Sebastian Bach, Dave Grohl, Fleetwood Mac, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, Beethoven, Judas Priest, Jethro Tull........ to name just a few
  • Options
    Wow. So, a real independent person then? :p
  • Options
    I don't have a role model I look to myself for inspiration etc
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I don't have a role model I look to myself for inspiration etc
    Don't you ever look at someone and think 'wow, she/he's so much more patient/generous/perceptive/stylish/cool/popular/kind-hearted/confident etc than me!'?
  • Options
    i dont like taking help from people who intentially want to help me. I usually try to get influenced by other people. Not jusat in music but in various other mediums of my life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Don't you ever look at someone and think 'wow, she/he's so much more patient/generous/perceptive/stylish/cool/popular/kind-hearted/confident etc than me!'?

You don't think much of Jacaanda then do you? :p
  • Options
    IK Brunel: He worked hard all his life, often with many jobs on the go at the same time, but his work changed history.

Jeremy Clarkson: Great sense of humour, great personality.

Prince William: My age, so I can relate to him.
  • Options
    My mother. because she has been so strong but recently its not been as easier to see her point of view etc.

Fraipas
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShInE
    You don't think much of Jacaanda then do you? :p
    Lol no I'll have you know I think Jacaranda is lovely :) ... I just find it a weird thought, not looking to anyone else for inspiration - I guess it shows a certain level of self-confidence and self-belief, but no one's perfect and it's nice sometimes to look to other people to try to learn and improve yourself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    I don't have one. Should I?
    Dunno, coz I don't have a role model/s either.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I think there are some great people in this world who are inspirational or were in their life but I don't follow anyone religiously.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog
    IK Brunel: He worked hard all his life, often with many jobs on the go at the same time, but his work changed history.

Jeremy Clarkson: Great sense of humour, great personality.

Prince William: My age, so I can relate to him.

Oh, didn't know we had royalty on the boards :p

Or can you relate to him cause of the common age and haircolor? Or starting hair-loss? ;)
  • Options
    i am my own dread roll babylon rasta.
  • Options
    very nice mix you got there evil_dave! everything from beethoven to iron maiden and guns and roses!! nice to see im not the only one who had such a varied taste in music!!

nice one mate! :D