Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Be nice to me...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I gave blood today. And have the sticker to prove it! Twas only the second time ive ever done it so it still gets me excited :D
My friend donated for the first time and managed to get dizzy and went very white and was put into the recovery position. Typical!

Sorry for the post whore, just feel the need to spread the word :D

GO GIVE BLOOD ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good for you! You might have just saved someones life! :)
    well done!
    id love to do it but i throw up and faint when i have injections :( never used to be like this, im just a feeble weasel now
    I would do that but when eva I have had blood tests they can neva find my thingy..The amount of blood they take when I been up the hosi before..whooo...Don't like needles..Just as well I ain't a junkie.
    *shudders* i had blood taken yesterday, i hate it! Well done you though!
    Well done! Good for you - you should feel proud of yourself. :)
    I used to be sooo brave around needles (voluntered many a time to be the first one to get injections in school :lol: ).
    But now it's icky.. I don't feel much but it's just icky! So yes, I'm scared of donating blood. :(

My dad did once or twice though.. they kept pestering him about returning for a year when they gave up (I think, perhaps they started emailing him instead).
    I wanna be a sperm donor - that sounds much more fun tbh, and you get paid money!
    I'm impressed :) well done faerie. I'd like to give blood too, but I'm too scared! Maybe when I'm a grown-up and I'm big and brave...
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    I wanna be a sperm donor - that sounds much more fun tbh, and you get paid money!

Yeah how much is it? Not for me obviously. :)
    I'm going to donate blood as soon as I am old enough :) not that my blood would be overly appreciated, I'm just a common O:(
    theyre pretty picky who they take blood from, not everyone can do it.
    Originally posted by Sanj33v

Not in britain they don't.

However, if you're female and give eggs, they give you up to £8,000.

Anyways - there's a possibility that a little (half) you would be running around in a couple of year time. Wouldn't that make you think twice before donating?

But, yes. I'm going to give blood in August, i really want to but can't before then - i had a piercing done at Reading last year and you have to wait a whole year before giving blood in case you got something.
    I swear that it is possible to undergo medical experimentation in return for money.
    yeah, it is, but i think sperm donation (as in 'here, create little people out of my DNA') doesn't get paid for over here, though in the USA they get about $15 for it.
    few people would would want my blood pumping through their bodies. but then again, i free high is a free high!
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    Not in britain they don't.

Anyways - there's a possibility that a little (half) you would be running around in a couple of year time. Wouldn't that make you think twice before donating?

It is because my biology teacher told us that in uni most men live off the money! - its very well paid something like £50 a time ;)

My bio teacher also said he could never do it as he may be talking to someone some day who is his little version ewww:p
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    It is because my biology teacher told us that in uni most men live off the money! - its very well paid something like £50 a time ;)

My bio teacher also said he could never do it as he may be talking to someone some day who is his little version ewww:p

I'd have a wank for £50. :yes:
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    few people would would want my blood pumping through their bodies. but then again, i free high is a free high!

:lol: That was my mates excuse for not giving blood! He said his pint would end up like a pint of guinness- straight from his veins would ooze a tar black liquid (from all the fags) with a head and a similar alcohol content. I think i'd have to agree with him.