Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There are three types of people in this world; those who can count, and those who cant.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GirlFriend 1.0

Last year my friend upgraded his GirlFriend 3.1 to GirlFriendPLus 1.0 (marketing name "Fiancée 1.0").

Recently he’s upgraded Fiancée 3.1 to Wife 1.0 and discovered that it’s a memory hogger, its taken all his space and Wife 1.0 must be running before he can do anything.

The recently formed user group has asked for some additional features to be included in the upcoming GirlFriend 4.0 :

a don’t remind me again button;
    minimise button
    shutdown feature
    an install-shield feature so GirlFriend 4.0 can be completely uninstalled without losing cache and other objects.
    Wife 1.0 has a undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MS-Money files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.0 will refuse to install claiming insufficient resources.

One user asks "I’m in the process of downsizing to ExWife 1.0 but I think I’ll need to do a complete system reinstall, with new hardware. It is likely I’ll lose my token ring investment. Should I switch to a multi user system ?"

The short answer is no. Doing this will result in extra complication and more expense in the long run.

hmmm. the things you find on the internet! lol
    You sig is huge. Anychance you can just make it the smaller size?
    oh course lovey - sorry :)
    :) i dont mean to be a pain but it was like taking up half my screen.
    nah its no problem! i just found them all at once and got greedy! hope thats better :D