Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Calendars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you own a calendar? If so, what is special about the one you have? Does it have a special theme or is it very colourful, well-designed or something else? If no, why don't you? Are they too expensive, too boring, all quite similar or something else?

Although this is just for fun, all feedback is gratefully received! :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, I always wait until the second week in January and get a calendar half-price. Because I'm tight and they're all so bloody expensive anyway.
    It's a Peter Kay one - who, incidentally, is ace - but mainly because it was that or some 'cute fluffy animals in random places' type-thing, which was vile.
    The banks send their customers small calendars every year. Overall we get like 6 calendars with different themes (I hate it when they choose "art" or "fish" or something as dull). :p At the back there is an "overview" of the year after and at the end of the year I steal that before tossing them into the trash bin and keep near my computer. It's survived for four months so far. =D It's very handy as it's small. I tend to lose the big stuff when I pile stuff up in my attempts to tidy.

I personally think the "fancy" calendars are too expensive and would only buy them if they had some pictures I would like to keep. I haven't never bought any of these but might once I start working.
    I have a calander, mine is special cos it is a whiteboard, so I write on it, wipe each day off as it goes by, and can keep it for years. In that respect it means there are no pictures or anything, so except for my little doodles, it is quite boring
    I have a jokey sex type one i got for christmas. It's in the kitchen though :yeees:
    Official Kylie calender has been my choice the past two years, I never actually use it though, its just nice to look at :p
    Re: Calendars
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    If no, why don't you?

I don't, because I have a diary which I use for college to note important dates etc and so just use that as my calendar too.
    yeh i have a diary like that too, just for appointments and stuff, notn a 'dear diary' type of diary. and anything else i store in my mobile phone's calender, get the alarm to go off when there's something coming up :thumb:
    I have a teeny-tiny calendar I bought from Crete a couple of summers ago when I was on holiday with a friend - it has gorgeous pictures of the beaches etc and reminds me what a good time I had, although of course the days don't properly correspond because it was for 2001! :)
    I have a Lord Of The Rings calendar!!! Yes, they are cheaper in January lol!
    Sixth form give us free homework diaries, i have my own diary for appointments eg: dentist, and mobile phone calendar is for social/going out dates, and peoples' birthdays.
    I have official calendars from Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Holly Valance and the Minogue sisters. Out the 5, Dannii just steals the crown with her arty, proffesional look. Kylie's is more raunchy but still about on par with her sister.
    I've never bothered with calendars. Most are a waste of good trees. If I want to oggle a pic of Kylie, or whoever, then I'll set her as wallpaper, or screensaver, or toolbar wallpaper.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I do normally buy a calendar cos I have to remember peoples birthdays and dates etc. But this year I never got round to buying one. Now all I do is write important stuff down on a piece of paper and stick it to my cupboard to remind me or I write it in a notepad. *Is a notepad freak* Lol.
    Originally posted by KinkyBoots
    I do normally buy a calendar cos I have to remember peoples birthdays

*cough* August 13 */cough*
    I found the best way of remembering someone's birthday is to sign up to one of the greetings card sites, such as moonpig or sharpcards, and use their reminder service so that they email you a few days before that persons birthday. Sorted! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    or toolbar wallpaper.

Mr_Wobble ;)

how do you do that?
    ive got a tatty teddy one:D
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    ive got a tatty teddy one:D

*Loves tatty teddy* :D
    Originally posted by Klever
    how do you do that?
    Try www.hotbar.com
    Or download the program from Microsoft that allows you to change the toolbar wallpaper in IE 5&6 (then make your own wallpaper). There are sites out there that will tell you how to do this.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    no, i don't, but it's because i keep a day to day diary with everything written down in instead.