Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

coke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Never taken Coke but am getting sick of the comedowns off pills/speed..I mean personally I quite enjoy a comedown most of the time, I just stay in, smoke my way through the first bit..head to the pub for pints and back for a smoke, sometimes drop again if it's a Saturday..

But lately since I burned my room down etc I've had to get up and walk around, which is getting me in shit..

As some of you know, I rarely use speed, last weekend I bought 3 1/2 grams..I bomed half a gram, my mate did the same..he remembers me taking more in the night (I dont) and I only had a gram left the next day.. I was also off my tits all friday night, no sleep, up all day saturday, most of saturday night..still jibbing sunday and a comedown on Monday, how messed up is that! :eek: Lucky it was bank holiday time eh!!

But anyway, I heard the comedown off coke is nothing, and its easy to sleep on, anyone got any input?

Cheers
Phil.

P.S. I'm having my "I'm quitting drugs" phase a lot lately, I blame the comedowns :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends how it works for you, I know a few people who swear that they dont get comedowns from coke, frankly I think they are lying if my experiance is anything to go by.
    Yes you might not be up for as long but the comedown is the worst of anything.
    The only comedowns I've had off the stuff were pathetic.
    Side effects? It turns you into a boring self obsessed tosser,..

A friend of mine had a seizure while on a cocaine binge. oH AND YOUR NOSE ROTS!
    and its ridiculously expensive for what it does.
    I'd say your nasty comedown had a lot more to do with the amount of time that you were awake than what you took, if your saying that you started friday night and finished on monday morning, there isnt a drug that wont give you a hellish comedown after that long.
    I'd advise that you shorten your binges. Pack a lot of raving into 12 hours or so then cut your losses and go to bed.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Coke is nice - but it's highly over rated and over priced.
    Weekender Offender 
    Nothing about the comedown, i've never taken it, but a friend of my brothers..(he's 17..) regular takes it. He was speaking with us the other day and his nostril just flapped around everytime he breathed in and out. Theres nothing left there. Ugh. :eek2:
    If you've gotten to the stage of being jacked off with pills n speed, coke will be nice at first, especially if you're keen to share it with your sex life (try putting some on 1) bell-end or 2) clit) Eventually though you'll realise it's over priced and waaaaay over rated :crazyeyes

meaooow
    coke is my fave.... but it doesnt get u fucked (just makes everything feel right, like the way its meant to be) and whilst u dnt get a horrible comedown, you do get one-- so the way i see it if youre not wanting a bad comedown go for the coke--but seeing u wont get fucked u might feel a lil bit cheated that u feel bad the next day without having a night fucked the day b4 **if that makes sense**
    Originally posted by Skive
    Coke is nice - but it's highly over rated and over priced.

i dont know... i dont think its overrated.

But i guess people do drugs to get fucked and have a laugh. And coke doesnt make you fucked so people get bored of it quickly! And miss a mad buzz. But as a drug to make u chill out, have a nice smile on ur face and make u feel calm-its great!!!
    Lil-minx is right, it can be quite nice but its not a serious dopers choice of drug, theres no edge.

There was a question about this a while ago, and at the time I promised that I would get some research about dopamine and addiction, well it seems that there has been some new developments, here for your reading pleasure;

http://www.mightipen.com/portfolio/dopamine_theory/dopamine_theory.pdf
    Thats a PDF file about some of the new research, quite interesting, however only a small study.

http://www.er.doe.gov/Sub/Accomplishments/Decades_Discovery/94.html
    This one covers the older approach to coke addiction, however obviously as a US dept should be taken with a pinch of salt.

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/serotonin/cocaine%20addiction.htm
    Slightly strange source for this one, more on the research that has just been done.

http://cocaine.org/addiction/
    Quite an interesting little page about how coke works and how they its thought that it re-inforces its addiction.

Well maybe you'll find that interesting, but maybe not.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'd say your nasty comedown had a lot more to do with the amount of time that you were awake than what you took, if your saying that you started friday night and finished on monday morning, there isnt a drug that wont give you a hellish comedown after that long.
    I'd advise that you shorten your binges. Pack a lot of raving into 12 hours or so then cut your losses and go to bed.

I fully agree!!!:yes:

I have been out on party with mates and not taken anything, gotten home at about the same time as i would if i was wasted, and felt just as bad as i would on a comedown!!

Sleep is the best cure!!!!

You might stugell to fall asleep and you might not get a solid nights sleep, but your body needs the rest, even if you just lie there!!

Brain also needs time to replenish your seretonuim(sp) levels!!!

Sweet Dreams!!:p