Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

need some help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
i dont know if this should go in here, but oh well its here now! :p ok on friday night my mum and dad are going away for the night and my mate invited me to go down town with her (wasnt definate) so i said to my bf if i dont go out we could stay in and he could sleep round without my parents being there! then when i went to college it was made definate that were going down town friday. i told my bf and he said he was looking forward to spending the night round my house. even though it wasnt definate it all depended on whether i was going out or not.

now im really confused on what to do shall i go out with my mates its one of there birthdays but theres loads going so she wouldnt really miss me, or should i spend the night with my bf without my parents there. its really bugging me on what to do cus i aint had a proper night in with my bf for ages. so can someone help me please :banghead: thankz :) sorry its a bit long!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends whether you want a shag or to get pissed? :p
    i dunno, what i want. i cant really afford to get pissed. but i dont really wanna let my friends down. its just that its not very often my parents go away for the night!
    Simple: which is the most important to you?

Why do you have to get pissed? Why not just have a few?
    I know the feeling, it's nice having the house to yourself with your boyfriend so I can see why you'd want to take advantage of it!

Can't you combine them? Like, take your boyfriend out on the town with you and then have him go home with you? Or you could go to your mate's thing for a couple of hours then leave early and get your boyfriend round by 10ish?

LSS
    thanx LSS but i cant really combine them becuase its justa bunch of ghirls going out and my bf has no money. and i dont normally go down town til 10. i asked him to stop the night even if i went out but he said there is no point becuase i wont get back til early hours of the morning.

mobily's ghost my bf and my friends are important, i cant live without either of them.

i think i just need someone to tell me what to do as i cant decide for my self. its so annoying!
    stay in with your blokey, you can go out with your mates any time, but your parents arent always gonna be away. But saying that, dont let your friends down, and if its a special birthday (18, 21 etc) you should really be there. Dont be a last minute drop out and make sure you explain to her why. Dont just drop her in it. And if you've already said yes, asking her if she minds might be curteous!
    its only a 17th birthday! hehe. but the thing is it was my mate leanne we were just gonna go out together and leave the rest of them cus they are all dressing up and we dont want to. so we would look silly the only 2 who arent dressing up. so we decided we would go just us 2. i dont know what to say to her i cant exactly turn around and say oh im not coming out friday night leanne becuase im spending the night with my bf. it sounds a bit out of order. do you think she would mind if i said we could go out the next weekend becuase at least then i will have some money!
    Well if you really want to stay in with your boyfriend can't you talk to your friend and explain the situation? Tell her you feel bad for dropping her but you'd really like to stay in with your boyfriend as you don't have much money and it's a rare occasion for you to have the house together.

But it sounds as if you think seeing your mates is the right thing to do... don't stay in with your boyfriend if it's going to really piss them off or make you feel guilty. But I do think they should understand!

LSS
    Originally posted by vodka babe
    do you think she would mind if i said we could go out the next weekend becuase at least then i will have some money!

She's your friend! Surely you should know the answer to that more than anyone here?

I think it would be fine, but you should tell her sooner rather than later - don't drop her at the last minute!
    well its only really one mate ill be letting down i suppose. do you think its selfish of me to want to spend the night with my bf?
    well i think you should go out with your friend. You've already made arrangements with her and its totally unfair for you to just drop her because you've got a free house. You even arranged for it to just be 'you 2' and that makes it even worse if you dump on her because you'll not only be letting down your mate who's birthday it is, but if you've promised another friend you'll go with her together, you're basically putting ehr in a position where she cant go out. Obviously she could but you know how she feels about dressing up if you see what i mean. just think to yourself what you'd be like if it was your mate who dumped you, thus preventing you from a night out. You wouldnt be very chuffed would ya??? How long have you been with your boyfriend? Remember; boyfriend come and go, but friends last forever (thats rich coming from me, im totally obsessed with my fella, but then i've been with him forever practically. Maybe if you've only been with him a short while, you should really think about 'paying the duty' to 'the one who deserves it most'. i dunno. not trying to put you on the spot or owt!)
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Well if you really want to stay in with your boyfriend can't you talk to your friend and explain the situation? Tell her you feel bad for dropping her but you'd really like to stay in with your boyfriend as you don't have much money and it's a rare occasion for you to have the house together.

LSS
    My feelings exactly. Let her know in plenty of time, but tbh you can go out with her whenever you want, but you can't always have your boyfriend over with no one else around :)
    badabing i see your point but my mates hve done it to me before. and ive been with my bf for 16 months on thursday :) also your little saying bf's come and go but friends are always there. its crap, my bf has always been there for me and my friends didnt wanna know.
    Originally posted by vodka babe
    badabing i see your point but my mates hve done it to me before. and ive been with my bf for 16 months on thursday :) also your little saying bf's come and go but friends are always there. its crap, my bf has always been there for me and my friends didnt wanna know.

well then surely contradictory to what you were saying earlier, your boyfriend is more important to you??? So there's your answer - you seem pretty sure in the above post - i dont think you need anyone else to tell you what to do.
    well not nessercerily because friends are important even if they are not always there for ya. i dont need other people to tell me what to do, it would make things easier, i just want to know peoples opinions!
    is that ok with you badabing????