Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Old Firm Game Today

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well, who watched it? (I think I can guess who actually)

If I was a neutral I'd have said it was a great game but as a Rangers fan I'm sure you can guess what I think.

The 'Gers just didn't seem up for it today and I can't understand why. They had about 2/3 of the possession but just didn't have any pasion to score in my opinion. I think they thought they were gonna have an easy time of it.

The league is still in their hands tho, as long as they don't play so badly for their final games. I still think the title's coming home to Ibrox. But I am pissed off about today's game. :mad:

Oh yeah, why did it take Sutton's 5th or 6th foul until he got booked? He really is a disgrace.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hee Hee..

I watched it.. what a great week for us Celtic fans!!

HAIL!! HAIL!!
  • Options
    HELLO! HELLO!

yes i watched it, a lot of bullshit
  • Options
    SPL = fucking bore
  • Options
    no, Dan = Homo
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dan the Man
    SPL = fucking bore

Fucking hell Dan, I thought you were dead or something.

Betcha glad to see Forest in the play-off - especially with the Rams performing so well.

What do you mean they aren't? Oops, sorry. ;)
    Originally posted by Daffeh
    no, Dan = Homo

Maybe so, but he has a point. WHo is going to win the SPL next year? Rangers or Celtic, right?

Who is going to win the Premiership? Could be United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle or even Chelsea. A few years ago Blackburn won it, in the past ten years it has been a close run thing for most seasons. Yet in Scotland the top two have been....well see if anyone can guess...

Added to that, how often do Rangers or Celtic lose? How many times has a side from outside of the Old Firm won any of the three main trophies?
  • Options
    BTW Nice to see the 'Gers getting beaten though. Never a bad thing IMHO
  • Options
    The SPL is boring if you only look at Rangers and Celtic cos they are so dominant. No other teams ever win the league. I'm quite curious to know who outside the Old Firm was the last team to win it actually. Every so often another team wins either the Scottish Cup or CIS Cup but its rare. I'm sure I went to a Motherwell vs Dundee game when i was wee that was a cup final but can't remember when it was.

Anyway, I'm still raging bout yesterdays game. :mad:

Man of Kent why are you so glad to see Rangers lose? They are a far better team than the 'Tic and at least they can play a decent game of football rather than having to resort to brute force and cheating!
  • Options
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    Man of Kent why are you so glad to see Rangers lose? They are a far better team than the 'Tic and at least they can play a decent game of football rather than having to resort to brute force and cheating!

Maybe some people would rather support a club that harboured a known peadophile, let a republican group film a video at Parkhead, who rewrite history on a daily basis, who fly flags of a foreign nation, who fans openly support Irish Republican terrorists and whos fans terrorise opposition players and match officials?

I don't like when fans of any other club latch on to either side of the Old Firm, but a British person that wants Celtic to win needs their head examined.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daffeh
    no, Dan = Homo

:yes: ;)

Yeah, the SPL is dull at times. I think the other 10 clubs just want to see their teams progress each season. To be honest, the league is very competitive outside the Old Firm, and I always enjoy going to all the games. We've come very close to beating Rangers and Celtic this season, and a lot of the games are exciting. The fact that there is no relegation this season isn't great, and I still think we'd be better with a 16 team SPL. Ah well.

I'm glad Celtic won though, nothing would please me more than Rangers blowing the league :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by pinkstar

They are a far better team than the 'Tic and at least they can play a decent game of football rather than having to resort to brute force and cheating!

What? Because you say it, makes it truth? Can anyone say 'No huns in Europe?' for me?
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    Maybe some people would rather support a club that harboured a known peadophile, let a republican group film a video at Parkhead, who rewrite history on a daily basis, who fly flags of a foreign nation, who fans openly support Irish Republican terrorists and whos fans terrorise opposition players and match officials?

Spell hip-oh-krit for me, I can't quite get it. Hip-oh-krit...
    I don't like when fans of any other club latch on to either side of the Old Firm, but a British person that wants Celtic to win needs their head examined.

Why?

I'm sure when other clubs, rather than the Huns play, you have a preference as to who wins?

Hail hail!
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssEmm

If you truly want me to believe that Rangers are angelic, then you are talking to the wrong person.

Perhaps we should discuss certain Managing Director's songs...

Maybe this has something to do with maturity. I don't let petty sectarianism gets in the way of the beautiful game.

Unless it's an international of course ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brian Kitten
    The fact that there is no relegation this season isn't great,

Still, at least your lot are safe this year ;)