Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What can I do now?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm doing my A/S levels but things have really gone downhill. At GCSE I basically did no work, and came out alright (could've done better though). Now my grades have gone right down, there's no chance of me doing medicine like I orginally wanted, and my teachers have now suggested maybe doing Engineering. Not sure what this post is asking really, but any ideas for how I can get my grades up again... sensible answers only please, the exams are getting close!

Subjects I take are Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and general studies.

Thanks

P.S. Hi everyone, this is my first post! :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hi there and welcome to TheSite.

It's certainly not too late to do effective revision, so why not crack on with it now? To illustrate this, I foolishly revised in about the last month for my A Levels and got good grades, including nearly 13 marks away from full marks for Law. If I can do it, you most definitely can, so don't dispair - put the effort in, think positively and you should be fine. Just don't think you can't do it and so don't do the work, or else you won't get good grades. Think positively, be confident and you should do well.

I presume you're in your first year. If so, you have plenty of time to do exceptionally well and thus will be able to study medicine. Never accept a second best option and something that you won't be as fascinated with, for you can do what you want. You've just got to believe in yourself and do the work.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Cheerz, common sense really I guess I just had to hear someone else say it. (or see lol)
  • Options
    They may be talking about uni students but the articles in the study and exam boxes of our student special have some good advice on study and revision.

If you really put some work in now there should be no reason why you can't achieve your dream.

Susie :)