Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Karbala Pilgrimmage

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Sorry, I disagree. It is this claim that allows people to make the ridiculous statement that "one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter".

A Danish journalist even had the nerve to use a headline as "suicide bomber saves the peace", about Israel not retaliating after the suicide bomb in the Dolfinarium.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    A Danish journalist even had the nerve to use a headline as "suicide bomber saves the peace", about Israel not retaliating after the suicide bomb in the Dolfinarium.

Saves the peace? Not sure I understand?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    Very true. Che Guevara is the embodiment of that phrase.

Ah, yes. Dr. Ernesto Guevara. A man who oversaw the murder of numerous Cubans and then attempted to incite revolutions in Africa and Bolivia. Both of which he was a total failure at.

I wouldn't quote "Che" too much. He is a romantacized criminal and nothing more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    Saves the peace? Not sure I understand?

Was translating directly from Danish :) Ensures the peace would maybe be better in the context.
    What he meant was that peace would be the outcome, since Israel wouldn't retaliate, and then supposedly the Palestinians wouldn't continue their terror either.

As if.
  • Options
    Ah, yes. Dr. Ernesto Guevara. A man who oversaw the murder of numerous Cubans and then attempted to incite revolutions in Africa and Bolivia. Both of which he was a total failure at.

I wouldn't quote "Che" too much. He is a romantacized criminal and nothing more.

EXACTLY! to you he is a 'romantacized criminal' and revolutionary failure to others an inspiration and hero.

Ridiculous as it may seem to you 'one mans freedom fighter IS a another man's terrorist'
  • Options

As I say - 'One mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter'!
  • Options
    Whose freedom did he fight for?

How much do you actually know about Dr. Ernesto Guevara?

An inspiration? To do what? FAIL? Because that is what he was good at, and that alone.
  • Options
    Whose freedom did he fight for?

How much do you actually know about Dr. Ernesto Guevara?

An inspiration? To do what? FAIL? Because that is what he was good at, and that alone.

Don't want to get into an argument about Che as the point I'm trying to make concerns the differences in peoples perceptions generally.
  • Options
    Perceptions aren't realities.
  • Options
    Perceptions aren't realities.

True. In a different context I wonder how many people discover that on a Sunday morning once sober!