Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

MacPherson

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wonderful post Kermet. a lot of sense spoken.

Aladdin, you are now telling me the Damilola suspects were gulty as hell as well, may I remind you it was the judge who INSTRUCTED the removal of two defendants as there was NO EVIDENCE agasint them.

The other two were found not guilty by a court of law.

I am very, very curious after reading this how you can honestly spout 'they were guilty as hell'.

You must have sat on the jury at least to come out with a comment like that.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The trouble with the MacPherson report is that it was too generalised- hell, according to what the MacPherson report decided, the CRE and the pro-immigration lobby look racist. Its trash, as it proves nothing but is full of nice soundbites for the political parties to rape to death.

The police fucked up, of that there is no doubt. If the coppers who fucked up had been sacked thered have been no problem, but to say they fucked up because Lawrence is black is preposterous. They left him alone, which was an horrendous mistake, but in that part of London the streets are full of black men sleeping pissed simply because it is a predominantly black area. If Lawrence was white the police would still have fucked up, but noone would have complained. Quelle surprise.

They left him alone? when? from the moment he was attacked he wasn't alone, That part of London predominantly black and full of black men sleeping pissed. What planet are you on? By those comments alone you've shown yourself to be ignorant of even the basic facts.

And its the same with the trial- there is no doubt that those who attacked Lawrence are guilty as sin, but theres no proof. the police fucked up some of it, much much mroe of it was circumstantial. However, despite guilt, the law could no prove guilt, so they are innocent- the tabloids and Lawrences gobshite of a mother cannot do the job of the judicial system.

'Gobshite of a mother' - considering her son was murdered by those you call 'guilty as hell' she has maintained more dignity than you can ever dream of achieving

MacPherson did more harm to race relations in thsi country than anything else in the last ten years- I believe the gobshite in that report can be pinned back to the rise of the BNP.

No the rise of the BNP has more to do with ignorance and the general feeling that the mainstream parties no longer listen to the working class in this country.

The police arrest more ethnic minorities because the ethnic minorities do more crime-

Really, please produce the stats.

it is to do with social inclusion and poverty, yes, but alas the police are there to arrest criminals not to be social workers. It does not matter why the ethnic minorities do more crime to the police, and it should not- it should matter to society in general, but not the police who are paid to arrest crminials. MacPherson ahs meant that the police in Bradford, where I come from, are too afraid to arrest Moslem youths who throw lit fireworks at police stations because of the race card, it ahs also meant the Bradford rioters ahve got lighter sentences despite burning down buildings filled with people out for a Saturday night drink.

When the inaccuracies of macPherson are rectified, racism can once again be eradicated. But when people like Lawrences mother get OBEs for "services to the community" despite spouting racist filth against the police, and whites in general,

Post one racist comment she has made against a white police officer or individual

then white people will be less tolerant fo ethnic minorities. The impression from MacPherson is that its OK for ethnic minorities to do crime, because when they are arrested its police racism, but it is not OK for whites. Beat a black guy up its racial, beat a white guy up it is not. THAT is why the BNP are getting votes, people are sick of rioting filth getting five years in prison for what essentially was attempted murder because they are Moslem, when white equivalents get longer.

Racism will survive as long as people like Lawrence are given a mouthpiece, and rewarded for racist diatribe. She lost her son to a royal fuck up, its horrible, but its not racist and its not white peoples fault. the sooner she realises this then the better for this country.
    [/QUOTE]

I can see why you call yourself Kermit
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    I can see why you call yourself Kermit

And you dont know how to work a computer, quelle surprise if thats the best argument you can come up with.

Explain to me why Im wrong then. Go on, Id be interested in finding out why Im wrong in saying the poor do crime, and that most ethnic minorities are poor, meaning stop and search is valid.

Go to Bradford, watch how whites and Moslems are treated differently, then get back to me. Racism disgusts me, it doesnt matter who its against, but "positive discrimination" against whites disgusts me more.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    And you dont know how to work a computer, quelle surprise if thats the best argument you can come up with.

Touche! but I wouldn't post if I couldn't use a pc would I.

Explain to me why Im wrong then. Go on, Id be interested in finding out why Im wrong in saying the poor do crime, and that most ethnic minorities are poor, meaning stop and search is valid.

If you can deconstruct my previous technically deficient post I have adressed some of those points.

Go to Bradford, watch how whites and Moslems are treated differently, then get back to me. Racism disgusts me, it doesnt matter who its against, but "positive discrimination" against whites disgusts me more.

To save me the trouble of a trip North, perhaps you could post or guide me towards some official stats to show the advantages Moslems enjoy over whites. After watching a documentary on the racial problems in the North-West last year, it seemed to me both working class whites and asians were being treated like crap by the councils and politicians. The main arguments coming from both sides was that the other lot was being treated better. A lot of the problems seemed to be the lack of job opportunities since the loss of traditional manufacturing jobs and heavy industry. A point confirmed when a white pensioner said when the mills were open they all got along fine. In a discussion on another messageboard with someone from Oldham I said it seemed to me that the working class whites and asians should combine and demonstrate at their town halls and parliament instead of fighting each other which achieved absolutely nothing but further misery and hatred.

Apologies for the Kermit comment, re: your comment on racism
    Respect and Regards.
    ;)
    Oh dear, Aladdin hasn't returned to tell us how he knows the suspects in the Damilola Taylor case were as 'guilty as hell' though he's posted elsewhere since

So his ill-informed bigotry is alright but anyone else's he tries to jump on, with little success

Sad
    Originally posted by solo
    Oh dear, Aladdin hasn't returned to tell us how he knows the suspects in the Damilola Taylor case were as 'guilty as hell' though he's posted elsewhere since

I'd guess that he doesn't see the point as it has already been pointed out that innocent in a court of law, doesn't mean that the defendant didn't commit the crime...
    So his ill-informed bigotry is alright but anyone else's he tries to jump on, with little success

Sad

And I don't think bigotry has anything to do with his opinion. More a consideration that someone has got away with a crime, because of the skin tone of the victim.

And yes, the hysterical reaction of the media following both of these deaths is out of kilter with many white deaths, but then how many of those are covered up because the vitcim was white?

BTW Can someone explain to me how Damilola's death is related to racism anyway?
    I wasn't going to bother continuing as I think everyone who's read the post got a very good idea of what you are Solo. From the "there is no way they will be convicted... never!" desperate rant (do you know something we don't, or is it that you could not bear your heroes to be jailed) to your calling them "lads" (the favourite word of football hooligans, racists and other such types when talking on message boards about certain types of cunts), it would seem you hold that bunch of racist scumbags (several if not all of them with convictions for racism) in high esteem. Please correct me if that is not the case.

I could give you addresses of several websites where you would find many friends Solo. Let me know if you need directions.
    This is degenerating into a not very pleasant slanging match. Back to the content of the McPherson report or thread closed.
    Oooh, new Mod?

BTW I wouldn't have called this a slanging match. I'd say both people there were trying to point out that the other had agendas which should be taken into consideration when viewing their opinions.

It's not like they'd called each other c**ts or anything...?
    Maybe I was a little trigger happy ;-)
    Originally posted by Penge
    Maybe I was a little trigger happy ;-)

You see, that's the problem when you are new. You get a little too excited and suddenly you have a "premature" reaction ;)

So, where did you come from then, it says that you registered in 2001, but I can't remember you being around much...
    I work for thesite's sister website: http://www.do-it.org.uk/
    I work for thesite's sister website: http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Isn't that all about working really hard and not getting paid for it?

Sounds just like the NHS...

;)

Welcome anyway. So what have you done with Ben?
    He'll be back...
    I haven't checked back here much since I posted this thread. I didn't realis so many people had replied!

Have to say I'm quite shocked by some people's reactions here. I think a lot of people's opinions are coming from the tabloids and not from actually looking into the content of the report themselves. I've actually just handed in my essay and I have to say that whilst it does have its failings I see the Macpherson report as a good thing.

Someone said that a failing of it is that even the CRE is branded racist. This is incorrect. The report ensures that all public (and some private) institutions are bound to the terms. This is because Macpherson is recognising the fact that all institutions are CAPABLE of being institutionally racist. He is not saying that they are all necessarily racist.

Also, about the stop and search argument, yes its true that figures show that ethnic minorities tend to be poorer and so are more likely to commit petty crimes. But the fact that they are poorer in the first place is due to institutional racism!
    Originally posted by pinkstar

Also, about the stop and search argument, yes its true that figures show that ethnic minorities tend to be poorer and so are more likely to commit petty crimes. But the fact that they are poorer in the first place is due to institutional racism!

I'm not sure I can entirely agree with that. They are poor because their parents were poor, whose parents before them were poor, and so ad infinitum. Their parents would obviously not have been able to provide them with the advantages that a family from a wealthy background could (e.g better education), which leads to them getting low paid jobs and thus not being able to provide fully for their own children. Poverty is thus, to a certain extent, self-perpetuating.

As a result, if one ethnic group has traditionally been poor (perhaps as a result of being descended from poor economic migrants), there should be a higher likelihood of any members of this ethnic group being poor, and hence being more likely to commit a crime. Even if all institutional racism were somehow eliminated tomorrow, it would be generations (if ever) before there was equality of income between ethnic groups. While institutional racism may be partly at fault, it must share the blame with the workings of the free market.
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    Someone said that a failing of it is that even the CRE is branded racist. This is incorrect. The report ensures that all public (and some private) institutions are bound to the terms. This is because Macpherson is recognising the fact that all institutions are CAPABLE of being institutionally racist. He is not saying that they are all necessarily racist.

And when he says CAPABLE he talks about "unwitting" or in other words nothing overt, not knowingly racist. Everyone is capable of that.

In an environment where even the celebration of St George's Day can be seen as "racist" his comments are completely unhelpful.

BTW Haven't the CRE been successfully sued for racism by an employee?
    But the fact that they are poorer in the first place is due to institutional racism!

Bullshit.

Unless you are suggesting that the poverty is "white" areas is also due to racism...
    He'll be back...

Once Dom pays the ransom?
    You've no idea how hard it is to get him to open his wallet;)