Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Illegal aliens can be held indefinitely.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Gotta hand it to Al Qaeda. They've done more to change the US than any immigrant group in our history.

Illegal immigrants could be held indefinitely without bond if their cases present national security concerns, under a decision by Attorney General John Ashcroft.

They found Pakistanis and Palestinians in Hatii trying to jump in a boat that would take them to America illegally.

Now all people, desparate to get into America will suffer.

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't have such a problem with this if I didn't think that any definition of "threat to national security" that they give will be abused.
  • Options
    The thing is that this is exactly the kind of reaction Al-Qaeda would have wanted... Sad.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Darth Fred
    I wouldn't have such a problem with this if I didn't think that any definition of "threat to national security" that they give will be abused.

Considering the US claims Saddam Hussein was a threat to them, that gives you a good indication of what these people's idea of a possible threat constitutes... Pity the poor immigrants.
  • Options
    Re: Illegal aliens can be held indefinitely.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet

They found Pakistanis and Palestinians in Hatii trying to jump in a boat that would take them to America illegally.

These people have a human right to seek asylum. Does the US government recognise this?