Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Permenent scar removal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have many scars - I have one on my cheek from god knows what, one on my temple from banging my head when I was 3, several across my stomach from when I slipped on a slippy fence and kinda landed on the barbed wire, and some other odd ones around my body.

Purely for cosmetic reasons, is there any way to remove these? They are a talking point but some, like on my face, I think will put girls off mroe than attract them, so does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go see your GP. They might not let you have it done under the NHS as it is purely for cosmetic reasons, however, they may as it could lead to mental health issues later on in life.

You'll probably be referred to your local hospital whcih has a plastic surgery out patients department or a surgical outpatients department.

Theres many ways of getting rid of scars including lasers, injections and cutting. However, because they are on your face, they may need plastic surgery, or they may not be able to do anything about it apart from supply a cream.

Good luck.