Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Two Scenarios.

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
First of all, setting the scene. This is part time work when studenty kinda person. Im 17 (almost.may 1st, here we come!) and in 6th form.

Here they are.

Scenario 1.
The job is a retail assistant in a shop.
The pay is £5.40 per hour, without paid breaks.
Weekly paid into bank account, however it is irregular.
The hours either 7am-3pm, or 3pm-11pm, usually the latter.
Very close to home.
Very unhappy as treated badly by other staff as the youngest there, and the only part timer, so apparently not good as others. Also have to sit and wait whatever the customer flow, for example, doing nothing waiting for 4 customers in 2 hours.

Scenario 2.
The job is a serving assistant on a stall in an indoor shopping mall.
The pay is £3.80 per hour, including paid breaks.
Paid cash in hand at end of shifts worked.
Hours between 10am and 7pm on an 8 hour shift.
A little further away, but easy to get to.
From knowing others that work there, staff treated equally as most are part time, and at quiet periods, encouraged to do schoolwork/read etc.

Both will let me sit down.

Which job should I choose? Currently in scenario 1, but unhappy there. Is it worth the money drop (£1.60, for those who arent mathematicians) to go to scenario 2? That way would still be able to have my saturday evenings to myself.

All comments and help appreciated.
Thank you!
:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends whether you can afford the drop in money... If you can then go fo it - I quit my job because I got treated like shit...