Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Basic Hygiene

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have any guys noticed the amount of people in the toilets at pubs and clubs that don't bother their arse to wash their hands after taking a piss/dump?

About 90% of guys don't even run water on them. They just zip up and leave.

It's absolutely fooking disgusting :eek2:

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm assuming you're a washer not a walker?
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    I'm assuming you're a washer not a walker?

You assume right :rolleyes:
    Re: Basic Hygiene
    Originally posted by EssEmm
    Have any guys noticed the amount of people in the toilets at pubs and clubs that don't bother their arse to wash their hands after taking a piss/dump?

As far as im aware most blokes wont take a dump in a pub/bar toilet unless there busting !

as for washing ure hands ure right they dont ! i do at the start of the night but as i get more wasted i must admit ill zip & leave

im a bloke the world is my toilet !:D
    Iwash my hands carefully at pubs, but in clubs, where they have those fucking guys pestering you for money I'll just go about my "business" and head off with the minimum of hassle!

Oh and of course anyone who goes for a "number two" in a public toilet is either absolutely desperate or a certified weird person ;)
    THAT'S why you never take the free sweets or chocolate they give you. People who don't wash their hands go through it etc...

There's some research which shows that these kind of confectionary are covered in....well...a layer of poo. Not just one persons...several people.

That also happens on escalator rails...the rubber bits on each side. THey found that that was covered too.

I don't touch them anymore.
    Originally posted by carlito
    Iwash my hands carefully at pubs, but in clubs, where they have those fucking guys pestering you for money I'll just go about my "business" and head off with the minimum of hassle!

Those guys piss me off so much :mad:

Are you meant to tip them? :confused:
    Anyone who doesn't wash their hands after taking a piss/dump is just DISGUSTING!!!
    After I take a piss, I automatically head towards the sink.
    Those guys piss me off so much :mad:

Are you meant to tip them? :confused:

God yeah! No one is that persistent in their job, especially something as demeaning and humiliating as washing and drying the hands of people who've just been for a piss, unless they think they'll get something from it.

Some clubs I've been to they literally block you're way by force to try get you to give them a tip :o

Having said that, it doesn't really make me angry at them, it makes me angry at a system that makes people have to abandon all dignity and go into a job like that:(
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    THAT'S why you never take the free sweets or chocolate they give you. People who don't wash their hands go through it etc...

There's some research which shows that these kind of confectionary are covered in....well...a layer of poo. Not just one persons...several people.

That also happens on escalator rails...the rubber bits on each side. THey found that that was covered too.

I don't touch them anymore.
    [/Q
    I dont either. Peanuts on bars, uurrggh!!! I never touch door handles with my bare hands if I can help it, especially in loo's, I hate loo flushers, I never sit on public loo seats, I always squat and I never run my hand down banisters!!! I think I have a bit of an obsession.
    i go in, try to touch NOTHING, take a piss then escape trying to touch as little as possible... NOT EVEN THE TAPS, you think just because someone has had a crap and washed their hands there's not germs on the tap? how do you think they turned the fucking thing on?

after you've finished you have to turn it off which is RIGHT where the germs are (turn it on leaving germs, wash hands, turn it off picking germs back up again)

pointless unless your toilets have automatic doors and taps with sensors to turn on/off.

you're gonna get germs on you if you touch stuff, so i don't touch anything, not even the 'clean' taps. (yes i boot doors open with my feet)

im not saying i dont wash my hands etc cos i do, but....

running your hands under water with no soap (because there is often no soap in public loos) doesnt kill any germs you will have got on your hands from going to the loo!

something i thought, if someone touches the tap to turn it on with their dirty hands, surely theres germs all over the tap when a person turns it off AFTER theyve washed their hands?! enless its one of those cool movement sensor ones!

oh yeah, a few germs in your body helps to build your immune defence system! not that im saying to go round eating sweets from the loo people:D
    blimey, i think most of you are obsessive. I will quite happily use public toilets, i put a layer of toilet roll over the seat and sit on that - but thats about as obsessive as i get about it. I dont think twice about touching handrails or escalators. Do you lot all go to sleep in oxygen tents too?
    I wash my hands afterwards, but i dont care whether someone has contaminated the tap. Im hardly ever ill, ive got an immune system like an ox, so it cant be doing me any harm. Lifes too short to worry about whos touched a tap before you.
    I dont think we should really worry ourselves too much with this!
    If we were kept sealed away from any kinda germs etc, then we wouldnt have an imune system. Dying from the common cold would not be a nice way to go.
    God bless u Freddie.

Anyway, washing hands eats into drinking time:naughty:
    just never eat the crisps and nuts from the bar:p
    I dont either. Peanuts on bars, uurrggh!!! I never touch door handles with my bare hands if I can help it, especially in loo's, I hate loo flushers, I never sit on public loo seats, I always squat and I never run my hand down banisters!!! I think I have a bit of an obsession. [/B]

I always hate the loo's at school. Some of the toilets door have really small handles and then you get all these kids....i sound real fussy don't i:crazyeyes
    Originally posted by mrbounce
    I dont think we should really worry ourselves too much with this!
    If we were kept sealed away from any kinda germs etc, then we wouldnt have an imune system. Dying from the common cold would not be a nice way to go.
    God bless u Freddie.

fucking right, a few drops of piss is hardly going to kill you, most fellas piss up against walls outside after going out anyway, urine isnt that bad, unless its its off, so i dont see what the big deal is! :p
    its actually sterile when it leaves the body. That doesnt mean im going to go out of my way to eat urine laced foodstuffs, but im not going to go mental trying not to touch things that have possibly been contaminated. lifes too short.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    its actually sterile when it leaves the body. That doesnt mean im going to go out of my way to eat urine laced foodstuffs, but im not going to go mental trying not to touch things that have possibly been contaminated. lifes too short.

lol well i hardly meant to piss on your food before you ate it :p

Germs are everywere, touching the keyboard on which im typing probably spread hundreds (oreven thousands) of germs onto the top of my fingers. ah well, whatcha going to do ;)
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    fucking right, a few drops of piss is hardly going to kill you, most fellas piss up against walls outside after going out anyway, urine isnt that bad, unless its its off, so i dont see what the big deal is! :p

Ah...you obviously haven't seen an urinal which has been blocked up with tissue so that a puddle of urine formed.

Noone did anything about it for 2 weeks and by that time, the water content in the piss had evaporated. Leaving behind solid residue which didn't do the school corridor any favours. Esp, seeing as there were lockers in the loos there too...
    Grim, I wouldnt want THAT on me peanuts!
    If the pub has decent sinks and dryers then Ill wash my hands, if they dont I wont- theres no point in wetting them, it does fook all.

But hey, theres germs everywhere. You wont eat peanuts or touch banisters, but youll eat a doner- you seriously telling me that those in the food industry wash every time?

Lifes too short...OCD is a mental illness.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

absolutely spot on, in fact some health practices even recommend drinking your own piss for the numerable health benefits :crazyeyes , but not me!
    ewwww
    Re: Basic Hygiene

All the more reson never to eat the complimentary peanuts. Eugh!