Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Blair's traitors in Labour on Saddam's payroll.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats odd because they didnt brand the US govt as traitors after the WTC attacks.

Stop trying to make out it was solely rumsfeld, it was the US administration at the time.

But at least you backtracked :) Its gone from actual treason to the families of the dead wrongly accusing them of treason..

It was a bullshit tenuous link and you know it.
    Let me give you another example to illustrate my point: The US government sprayed enormous areas of Vietnam, including many of its own troops with Agent Orange in full knowledge of the highly toxic properties of the poison. As a result a number of Vietnam veterans have died or suffer from various diseases, as have 1.1m Vietnamese.

If you were one of the soldiers crippled with disease as a result of the spraying wouldn't you consider it an act of treason?
    No. Perhaps you should reread the definition of treason :dunno:
    It's all just too convienent - the Foreign Ministry was bomb damaged, their files would obviously be a mess and the Daily Telegraph reporter just happens to go into the Foreign Ministry while most journalists are happy enough staying in the Hotel Palestine and reporting the main stories. However, this reporter just happens to go to the Foreign Ministry to snoop through their files and just happens to find a box file with a big envelope saying "Britain" which just happens to contain a £375,000 deal between Baghdad and one of the most vociferous opponents of the war in Britain. It wouldn't surprise me if MI6 were involved but we'll never know. All we can hope is that the truth comes out in court however unlikely that is to happen, after all MI6 are bound to be expert forgers and where will the court gain access to similar files? From the British government.
    I think the point is Kevlar that if he received money from Saddam prior to the war...so what? If he received the money once the coaltition went in that's a different story.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I think the point is Kevlar that if he received money from Saddam prior to the war...so what? If he received the money once the coaltition went in that's a different story.

If he received money from Saddam for political influence then he should be sacked (like the cash for questions scandal). But leave it to the courts to decide.

Could this be the same pnj who labelled France 'traitors', 'appeasers', 'anti-Americans' and many other names simply because they were trading with Iraq before the war started?
    Ummm, if he only registered in Nov 2002 how have you known him for three years?

Sorry Clandestine, It was I unleashed the English, Catholic, American plague onto the site's political forum. We know each other from elsewhere on the net, Don't we John. (it's Mark)
    Don't we John. (it's Mark)

Yeah, that was back in the day when I was SUCH a flag waver. :naughty:
    Could this be the same pnj who labelled France 'traitors', 'appeasers', 'anti-Americans' and many other names simply because they were trading with Iraq before the war started?

To quote bugs bunny: He don't no me very well do he.:rolleyes:

Hey, a blog said the Sun UK reported: Galloway's wife, Aminah Abu-Zayyhad, is the niece of PLO chief Yasser Arafat. I still think if he took money before the war...no big.
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I'm sure it would breach the EU's Human Rights Legislation, perhaps that is what you are thinking of. I know that we cannot extradite someone if they will face the death penalty...

The EU doesnt have Human Rights legislation...the ECHR is separate, and something set up by the British. Although I thought the 1997 Human Rights Act stoppped hanging...

Is the truth hurting? :D
    Is the truth hurting?

No. I'm proud I spoke the truth. The war has vindicated America and Britian for standing up for what's right. More and more documents have come out about people influencing the peace movement and the UN corrupt Oil for Food Program...that even if it weren't corrupt...would have done nothing about removing a government that was torturing its people.
    Actually it's made me believe more that America is a schoolyard bully and Britain under Blair is just one of America's croney's sent to do the dirty work.

So John when are we gonna find these WMD?
    So John when are we gonna find these WMD?

Something is sticking me up my butt. Hang on. Oh, there's one.:eek:
    The Daily Telegraph.

The paper claims to have seen an official letter showing the Iraqi regime was seeking to shield Mr Galloway from "damage".

The broadsheet claims the letter supports its previous reports claiming Mr Galloway was paid hundreds of thousands of pounds by the former dictator.

Did I say anything? T-H-E-Y said it.:rolleyes:
    Hey, a blog said the Sun UK reported: Galloway's wife, Aminah Abu-Zayyhad, is the niece of PLO chief Yasser Arafat. I still think if he took money before the war...no big.

If he took money at all then he was being bribed for political influence and he should resign.