Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Legal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please excuse my ignorance for the following question!
I went shopping to Camden Market on Tuesday, and at almost every stall, saw that they were selling the little bottles of amyl nitrate (also called poppers?) "Liquid Gold was one example of the names they had.
This isn't legal is it?!

:confused:

Comments

• Options
    They're legal.

They're meant to be sold as CD/vinyl cleaning fluid, but get re-labelled and sold as 'Liquid Gold' etc. at markets, festivals etc.
  • Options
    So could you still use them to clean CDs?! :p
  • Options
    As long as your over 18 and fancy a great whacking banging head ache and turn a funny shade of yellow .Yeah cors you can clean ya cds with it after all that is what its for init ?? :crazyeyes
  • Options
    it is not friggin cd cleaner! it's poppers. amyl nitrate. fucking awfull gear.
  • Options
    It might be an offence to sell them for purposes of intoxication, but as far as the bottle itself being legal, yes.

However they are legal because they have next to no real abuse potencial, they make you feel light headed and dizzy and then you get a headache. I get that if I have a hangover and stand up too fast.
  • Options
    Yep, legal

info here