Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Breathing....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, my chest gets really quite tight and it feels like my lungs at the bottem tighten so I can't take a deep breath properly. I also hyperventerlate (sp?) very slightly. Anyone had this? Maybe it's the weather...

Comments

• Options
    Ashtma? I got asthma which makes my chest tighten sometimes, dunno though, go get it checked :)
  • Options
    yeah ive got asthma too and it sounds like it. however there are loads of other things it could be so id go get it checked at your doctor.also it could be a panic attack-if i get one my asthma usually gets a lot worse so id say definatly go to your GP to get it sorted :)
  • Options
    I used to get that too, exactly like that where I felt like I couldnt take a deep breath because it hurt, and that my lungs tightened at the bottom. I went to the doctors a few times over it, first time it was a infection of the trachea (?) which I had antibiotics for.

Then they did tests for asthma, which I didn't have. The second time they said it was a symptom of anaemia so I got iron tablets, and the third time it was because of panic attacks! So I guess you better go and see what it is, hehe :)
  • Options
    Yeah I too thought it might be ashtma too. I have had it befor but not as long as this tho. I when't to see my GP tea time and she gave me this thing to blow into and said that was fine, no sign of ashtma. She gave me some syrup stuff with unblocks the airways to take for a few days. A few thing's I have noticed.

1. Laying on my back makes it worse
    2. Smokeing makes it play up
    3. I took a shower and it seemed to ease it up a fair bit

Think I'm going to lay off the fags for a few day's too..It's gotta only make things worse.
  • Options
    Well, everyone thinks its asthma...

But if it isn't, it could be muscle spasms i.e. stiches. But i don't think so.

Better go to the doc's where he'll give you one of those breath-as-hard-as-you-can-into-here... things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DnB Guy
    Yeah I too thought it might be ashtma too. I have had it befor but not as long as this tho. I when't to see my GP tea time and she gave me this thing to blow into and said that was fine, no sign of ashtma. She gave me some syrup stuff with unblocks the airways to take for a few days. A few thing's I have noticed.

1. Laying on my back makes it worse
    2. Smokeing makes it play up
    3. I took a shower and it seemed to ease it up a fair bit

Think I'm going to lay off the fags for a few day's too..It's gotta only make things worse.

If you have been to your GP and have been found to have a peak flow measurement (blowy contraption) in the normal range, when it happens you again, you could try breathing deeply into a paper bag or quit smoking (or reduce your itake significantly) and see if that makes a difference.