Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do i go about getting a summer job?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive realised i need a summer job - but have no idea how to go about it. can u give me sum tips and advice on where to go/what to do? does the job centre do summe rjobs or not?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends what you want to do and what is around in the area you live in... Places like theme parks and holiday parks always need loads of staff in the height of summer, plus shops and other places who need people to cover for the permanent staff while they go on holiday.

The job centre should have details of summer jobs available, or try www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk. Best thing to do it get in there early - even if you're not available to work yet (until term-time ends or whatever - sorry, I haven't checked your profile so I don't know how old you are!), "register your interest" by sending letters to various companies, outlining your experience, skills and when you will be available.

Good luck! :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks.

im 16 and looking for a job after my gcses, ill call in at the job centre soon.