Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

five times a day.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
millions of devout muslims all kneel down and face mecca. fingers and toes all pointing to a meteorite. wherever they may be on the planet. it is so important to them that some carry sophisticated electronic devices that will remind them and also align them. we have nothing like it in christianity. nothing like it in traditions, politics etc.
this is where the western world loose understanding of the muslim world. attack one muslim arab you have attacked them all.
invade one you humiliate all the rest. fighting amongst themselves is one thing but for the infidel to do so is outragous.
these people on the whole do not want our political systems and ideologies. freedom of self is totaly alien to them. they are one giant whole, not lots of seperate, free identities and individuals.
they put god and the prophets above mere men. this is why the words from the mosque carry far more wieght than words from a parliament.
yet bush is going to democtratise these people. he doesn't stand a chance in hell. he doesn't begin to understand what he is up against. he will be driven from the arab countries in shame and humiliation.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: five times a day.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    millions of devout muslims all kneel down and face mecca. fingers and toes all pointing to a meteorite. wherever they may be on the planet. it is so important to them that some carry sophisticated electronic devices that will remind them and also align them. we have nothing like it in christianity. nothing like it in traditions, politics etc.
    this is where the western world loose understanding of the muslim world. attack one muslim arab you have attacked them all.
    invade one you humiliate all the rest. fighting amongst themselves is one thing but for the infidel to do so is outragous.
    these people on the whole do not want our political systems and ideologies. freedom of self is totaly alien to them. they are one giant whole, not lots of seperate, free identities and individuals.
    they put god and the prophets above mere men. this is why the words from the mosque carry far more wieght than words from a parliament.
    yet bush is going to democtratise these people. he doesn't stand a chance in hell. he doesn't begin to understand what he is up against. he will be driven from the arab countries in shame and humiliation.

Turks are Muslims... and Turkey a working democracy.

Indonesia is the world's most populous Muslim nation, and a working democracy.

Now, what you might think about is what those words from the mosque are saying about you and your life. What if it is "Death to the Infidels"? After all, you are an infidel. Have you prepared yourself?
    Turkey's style of democracy would not be anywhere near acceptable as such to most Americans Greeny. Perhaps the overriding power of the military in circumscribing the elected government suits your taste, but it isnt what most in the West would call a thriving liberal democratic tradition.
    Clandestine,

I'd bet I've seen a significantly wider range of governments and of how those gov'ts evolve over time than you have. I think you flatter yourself. The American public accepted the Thai democracy throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s. Might want to do a little research.
    Back to your famous pissing contests eh? lol. Perhaps you should do some research for a change rather than wagging your fingers at others as is you penchant.

Ive seen more than my fair share of governing systems as well and have the professional background you yourself admittedly lack to comprehend that what you put forward as "democracy" often falls short of what most Americans take for granted as such.

Most Americans have zero awareness of Thailand and its government. To claim that Americans "accepted" it is completely spurious given the fact that what isnt shown on the evening doesnt even register with the masses.
    Not only do you give yourself a lot of credit where no credit is due (tell me what you think the American public's opinion of the gov'ts of Japan, Malaysia, Germany, France, Italy, Poland and Russia would be using your same crystal ball), but you draw conclusions about the American public that are obviously not true based on what the American public has already demonstrated.

Really, Clandestine, when will you get tired of telling everyone what they ought to think and ought to feel and what they ought to listen to? And how well you can predict the future (haven't been right yet, but what the hell...keep trying).
    You never cease to amuse with your claims to all knowledge (with zero substance) Greeny. And show precisely where ive dictated what anyone should think!

Frankly you are little more than a contentious puppet for the MIC with as much credibility as the Pentagon itself, which has demonstrated its penchant for lies and coverups too many times to count.

No doubt you think Georgia is also a thriving model democracy under Shevardnadze? ;)

I stand by my predictions as, contrary to your delusions, they have been developing just as I predicted. No WMDs despite all the many many empty claims and sensational "finds", growing anti-US sentiment on the street in Iraq (revelaing the massive presumption of the Bush/Rumsfeld rhetoric) and a continually delayed roadmap for Israeli/Palestinian peace.

Now we have Rumsfeld lying through his teeth over plans for permanent US bases in Iraq and in years to come we shall more than likely see his denials proved as false as everything else about the man.

You once admitted to comprehending zero about the political sphere and you would do well to stop embarrassing yourself with your lame pretense at insight.
    The days of the radical, Muslims of the Middle East threatening the United States is over with. The biggest mistake they made was attacking innocents in the US on 911. For too many years the US tried to understand their screwed up take on the Muslim religion. But their offering up of their young as human sacrifices involves our people. Couple of things the US needs to do.

Declare Marshall Law in Iraq until a rational transitional government can be put in place that represents everyone. Iran sent 5,000 nut jobs into Iraq to stir things up. Syria sent others too...in fact the US Army just killed 12 dirt bags...*laughs out loud*sent in from Syria. This can't be allowed to go on.

I'd like to also see this, although it will never happen. The US needs to have a special ops operation that assinates Muslim clerics who call for Jihad against the US that involves human sacrifices. Let's get rid of this primative religion and their perverted followers.
    In that case can we also have a spec-ops operation against the dangerous fascist-christian, evangelist, racist and murderous sects perverted take on the christian religion. Can we also have a spec-ops operation against the corrupt nepotism at the heart of US govt. and their perverted take on capitalism.
    racist and murderous

And the rats come out of the sewers. That's right honey, we're not going to allow the Muslim perverts, some call radicals, to blow themselves up against Americans. The Muslims who are willing to build civilized countries where all religions are respected...can live. Every last one of the Muslim perverts must be killed before they kill innocents. And that whole take on the Muslim religion will end when they are all dead.
    Whoa , calm down there pnj.

Sure , terrorists are the enemy of the free world , as are extremists.

But Muslims in general are just like you or me.

Islam is a religion that advocates peace and brotherhood.

There are just some twisted sonsofbitches who bend it and change it for their own needs.

I have plenty of Muslim friends who are all quick to condemn terrorism.

Terrorists are not Muslims , they are monsters.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    You never cease to amuse with your claims to all knowledge (with zero substance) Greeny. And show precisely where ive dictated what anyone should think!

Can't remember what you said to PnJ only a few days ago?

You're too young for Alzheimers, so is it chemical induced memory loss?
    Obviously you have as big a comprehension problem as jacq. Understandable for her, but unless youre actually a 16 yr old HS BS artist, you have no excuse.

We'll spell it out as simply as possible for your challenged intellect. It was a piece of good advice, hardly a command.
    "5 times a day" where radical nuts rant on and on about "death to America"

I want every one of those animals who say that shot starting with the Muslim Cleric giving out the Jihad orders.
    Terrorists are not Muslims , they are monsters.

I agree with that. But I'm sick of the animals chanting death to America. And thre's way too many of them worldwide. Any Muslim who says that needs to be shot. No hearing, no trial. shoot them.
    And even moderate Muslims are increasingly feeling the same way about Americans due to beligerant, ignorant, racist comments such as you have been spouting all day.

You see them as one indivisible andglobally evil group as they see us. The question is who is dropping more bombs on whom?

The real menace to global peace is rapidly becoming clear to the whole planet, are you prepared to go fight the world?
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Really, Clandestine, when will you get tired of telling everyone what they ought to think and ought to feel and what they ought to listen to? And how well you can predict the future (haven't been right yet, but what the hell...keep trying).

Why don't you spend some time with an English professor and examine what "should" and "ought to" mean, Clandestine?
    Grasping at straws again greeny, how typically petty of you.

What is even more ingenuous of you is the fact that the comment wasnt even directed at you and jacq and therefore you are merely being contentious. Quite pathetic really, but then its just another example of the narrowmindedness of the right.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I agree with that. But I'm sick of the animals chanting death to America. And thre's way too many of them worldwide. Any Muslim who says that needs to be shot. No hearing, no trial. shoot them.

You don't even want to know why there saying that?

Don't you think shooting them would make their families, friends etc hate you too? You keep on perpetuating the cycle of violence and eventually it will spin out of conrol.
    I want the radical Muslim movement ended for the sake of my country and the West and because of the Arab teens that are offered up for sacrifice. You never see the fat old Muslim clerics blowing themselves up. What really changed me was when I read about the first female human sacrifice in Palestine. It was such a waste of a life...she had medical training and was helping out in the Red Crescent. After she died, they showed her little brother going to her room. He kept expecting her to come home.
    That changed me and made me angry at that whole Whabbi influenced movement that is promoted by the Saudi's so they can go travel to Las Vegas and gamble and go to strip clubs.

And I saw it again in Iraq, with teens pouring out of the back of pick up trucks for jihad and mowed down. And the other night, 14 young Arabs were killed, only 2 were from Iraq. And it made me angry about the whole flowery Arab language making it sound heroic and almost mythic and mystical.
    Quite pathetic really, but then its just another example of the narrowmindedness of the right.

No , Clandestine , you know whats really pathetic? I'll tell you.

The old hypocritical bureaucrats in the EU and the UN , who first opposed the war , now want a hand in Iraqs reconstruction.

The so called 'leftists' who are so bloody condescending and superior that , while they prattle on about the evils of America and the stupidity of Bush , see Iraq being rebuilt and the people being freed.

These Europeans who would have Israel wiped off the map , folding to the wishes of the tyants and hooligans of the region.

Sometimes these peoplemake me ashamed to live in this continent.

Somebody is FINALLY making a determined attempt to sort the Mid East out , and you dismiss it as right wing imperialism , I think that reeks of narrow mindedness

But , as always Clandestine knows best for the world , so we should always listen to him because hes a fighter for the people , against the evils of America. ;)
    Matadore I salute you for what you said about America. Or I would if I wouldn't get thrown out of the school's media center.:p
    And even moderate Muslims are increasingly feeling the same way about Americans due to beligerant, ignorant, racist comments such as you have been spouting all day.

You get off on the threats against America by the radical Muslims. I don't. And I always make the distinction between the radical Muslims who are perverting their religion...and the rest.
    There is a lot of resentment to the United States across the world. People see the US as a bully and a supported of regimes which breach human rights.

You have been told by the politicans and the media that the terriorists want to destroy your way of life because there resent your freedoms. That is not true and it is a simple answer for a very complex question.

One of the reason's that they are terriorists in the middle east is due to the corrupt regimes which are supported by the US. An example of this is the hijackers of the planes at 9-11 were not from Iraq or Afganistian which have been attacked by the 'coalation' but from Saudi Arabia.

People resent that the fact that America has much influence on they lives and many people do not like this fact. From the domainance of the World Trade Organisation to the way that companiesd such as McDonalds to Coca-Cola have an impact on there way of life.
    I want the radical Muslim movement ended for the sake of my country and the West and because of the Arab teens that are offered up for sacrifice. You never see the fat old Muslim clerics blowing themselves up. What really changed me was when I read about the first female human sacrifice in Palestine. It was such a waste of a life...she had medical training and was helping out in the Red Crescent. After she died, they showed her little brother going to her room. He kept expecting her to come home.
    That changed me and made me angry at that whole Whabbi influenced movement that is promoted by the Saudi's so they can go travel to Las Vegas and gamble and go to strip clubs.

And I saw it again in Iraq, with teens pouring out of the back of pick up trucks for jihad and mowed down. And the other night, 14 young Arabs were killed, only 2 were from Iraq. And it made me angry about the whole flowery Arab language making it sound heroic and almost mythic and mystical.

So why not try and understand them rather than shooting everyone whos aggressive which just makes you as bad as them?
    You get off on the threats against America by the radical Muslims. I don't. And I always make the distinction between the radical Muslims who are perverting their religion...and the rest.

That is so misquided. He wants to approach a problem in a different way so you make him part of the problem? THAT, to me smacks of single-minded arrogance. Whatever happened to lateral thinking. Gun law is not the only way.
    So why not try and understand them

I'm talking about the very radical Muslims who also hate other Muslims who aren't as radical as them. Not very religious Muslims. My friend's dad is a religious Muslim and he's just soo peaceful and into his own thing. So I'm talking about the radical one's who just want to kill...I don't know if a moderate Muslim could reason with them let alone me. They just make me angry because of the threats against people like me AND, AND, AND, the horrible waste of teens like us in the Middle East...blowing themselves up.

Oh, changed your mind tthen?
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Obviously you have as big a comprehension problem as jacq. Understandable for her, but unless youre actually a 16 yr old HS BS artist, you have no excuse.

First of all... What do you mean by "HS BS artist"?

Secondly, the only reason you claim I have a "comprehension problem" is because I don't necessarily agree with you. Just like the fact that Greenhat isn't on the same level as you, but is well high above, you resort to telling him what he "has", "knows/doesn't know", "thinks" etc.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    First of all... What do you mean by "HS BS artist"?

Secondly, the only reason you claim I have a "comprehension problem" is because I don't necessarily agree with you. Just like the fact that Greenhat isn't on the same level as you, but is well high above, you resort to telling him what he "has", "knows/doesn't know", "thinks" etc.

I think it means 'High School Bull S**** artist'. Which is out of order but how exactly is Greenhat 'well high above' Clandestine? Greenhat works for the US and so is obviously bound by collective responsibility to toe the Govt. line.
    Oh, changed your mind tthen?

My Pakistani friend was sitting with me in the Media Center yesterday when I was posting. He said just shoot them, no trial, just shoot them.

I do think the radical groups are the enemy though. There's actually an important trial going on now in Indonesia.
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    I think it means 'High School Bull S**** artist'. Which is out of order but how exactly is Greenhat 'well high above' Clandestine? Greenhat works for the US and so is obviously bound by collective responsibility to toe the Govt. line.

Thought about that as well, but seriously don't have a clue what he is on about? :eek2:

I think that Greenhat has more often than Clandestine, shown his insight to the topics being discussed, and used appliable examples and figures to prove his point of view. Can you seriously say that about Clandestine.

Btw, Clandestine I do expect you to tell me what you meant with the above comment.