Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How did you start?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering, what is everybody's first drug relatied incident, and how did you feel about it.

Personally, I have never taken drugs, unless covering my hand with prit-stick and smelling it is drug abuse :confused:

Anyway, was wonderng whether people thought it was just a little thing, or people were "oh my god, my first EVER drug" kinda...

Comments

• Options
    I was so pissed the first time i didnt really think about it...just saw it as the "next step" *shrugs*
  • Options
    My friends were doing acid and asked if I wanted to.
  • Options
    i went round a friends house and they were all smoking dope, and she let me try some. I think i was about 13 or 14.
  • Options
    I was 18 and was clubbing in Benedorm.
    Did extacy, coke and hash.

Then took a 5 month break, and have been using every second or third weekend since then.
  • Options
    well if you count alcohol, then it was at like 13 or somewhere around there at a haloween party. it was there so i had some. drugs, started with weed, didnt' do that till 16. guy did it all the time and he seemed great so i thought i'd try it too
  • Options
    Hmm, well I got stonned before I got drunk and I was 14, I think, it didnt seem to do much the first time.

As for my first time getting drunk, I cant remember it really, it was sometime after getting stonned.

I was 18 before I tried pills and then 19 before anything else.
  • Options
    How old are you Bongbudda ?
  • Options
    by saying yes.
  • Options
    I started smoking weed at my first gig, which was Slipknot. I was 14.
  • Options
    Made friends with some people that did it halfway through my first year at uni (little over a year ago). Ric had a kitchen party and asked if i wanted a joint. There's photographic evidence too! Now i do it most nights when I'm at uni with my mates. Hardly at all at home tho - live with my parents and no stoner mates.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    My mates older brother was into the forest rave scene around the New forest and we started to tag along. I did my first pill when I was 14 or 15 and then got into the hardcore scene and the rest is history.

I started smoking hash after that but I didn't start smoking till I was 17 or so. Apart from alcohol ecstasy is the first thing I ever tried.

Ecstasy was my first love!!!! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I went to a party in a forest cave whilst spending the summer in Germany when I was 17 and someone offered me a pipe full of weed. Tried it and liked the feeling and have been a fan ever since.

Didnt try pills, speed, GHB or coke till I went to Uni. Comedowns of pills were just horrible, so I dont do them anymore, except on very special occassions.

But ah, weed, I dont think I could ever give that up!!:D
  • Options
    Was with some ppl being the typical annoying 13/14 year old standing on street corners and parks all night and they got out sum puff and a had a bit of a smoke.... hated it! Then a year or so after i met somebody else and he introduced me to SKUNK and ive never looked back :p and everything else just kinda followed.
  • Options
    The responses on here do beg the question is cannabis a gate way drug, because most of the people on here said that they started with that and then moved on to other things.

Personaly I'm not sure, I think it has more to do with the kind of person who do puff in the first place, but given your responses it does come accross and something that led you in.

Oh and I'm 22, much older than most of you wipper snappers!
  • Options
    I dont smoke, have tried hash/skunk and it didnt really do anything to me. But, without counting alcohol, my first time was at age 18, at a party, getting very drunk, a mate asked if i wanted to go to a rave in spain, so i did, took 2 "igloo" E's got fucked out of my head and never looked back. At one stage i was stood at a wall prodding it and watching the ripples, as if it was water... i was totally out of my mind.
  • Options
    the first time i ever did any drugs was about a year ago now when i went to a friends house who did weed [were still both smoking it now together lol]. Then i tried smoking, then alcohol.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The responses on here do beg the question is cannabis a gate way drug, because most of the people on here said that they started with that and then moved on to other things.

Personaly I'm not sure, I think it has more to do with the kind of person who do puff in the first place, but given your responses it does come accross and something that led you in.

Don't you start :p

I think it's more to do with the person. If someone wants to go swimming for the first time, they start at the shallow end and work their way to the deep end, instead of diving at the deep end.

Why must cannabis be the gateway? Why not alcohol? Because cannabis is the first drug that people who are curious about drugs, or are going to try drugs, come accross.
  • Options
    god i feel old!! im 28!! thought u was alot older than that bonga!!(no offence mate)
  • Options
    i thought he was younger :confused:
  • Options
    First got pissed aged 11 at my sister's 21st birthday. Ate lots of curry and rice beforehand and my dad still has a faint stain on the hallway carpet to prove it.... Cannabis is NOT a gateway drug! If it is then so is chocolate, asprin, paracetomol, tea, coffee etc. Its only because of its legal status that people (a) consider it a drug, (b) are put into contact with others who may use/deal other more harmful substances. This is very good reason FOR the legalisation of cannabis. Looking at it's "position" in the illegal drugs table, marijuana is considered non-addictive and harmless compared to the other drugs so its not suprising that people who do heroin probably first smoked weed rather than going strictly hardcore. Plus, if anyone really DOES believe cannabis to be a gateway to Heroin and a life of hell, consider this; an estimated xhundred million (can't remember exact figure but it is in the hundred million region) people smoke or have smoked cannabis worldwide, if the gateway theory had any firm grounding then wouldn't there be a worldwide drug problem so vast that the hospitals wouldn't be able to cope with the amount of treatment that would be needed?
  • Options
    of course weed can be a gateway drug. so can every other drug. you take a pill and think wow! wonder what weeds like. cannabis was my gateway to heroin. but it was also my gateway out. i came out the way i went in.
  • Options
    I wasnt saying that cannabis is a gateway drug, I was saying that given your responses it looks like that.
    Personaly I do think that pills can act as a gateway drug for other things, however there still is a big gap in a lot of drug users between the two big ones (heroin and crack) and the rest.

I'm not sure what to say about your views on my age, I guess its a compliment that you thought I was both older and younger, in that I'm old and wise yet still youthful.
  • Options
    I had my first smoke at Glastonbury and took my first pill the first time I went to exodus. (17 y/o)
  • Options
    Well mine went alcohol/smoking, skunk, pills, coke and ive smoked crack im led to believe.

Its like one lovely long chain isnt it.
  • Options
    fuck me i started using coke REALLY young, like 12 or summit, but then when i found out i was pregnant i stopped doing everything all together, i quite smoking, drinking and snorting.

dunno, did it really heavily for quite some time, i knew some older guys, was seeing this one guy for a few weeks at 13 who was 24 (dont even ask) and that helped get me access to this shit, but i think the first time i was at this older lads house party or summit, my brother's mate i think.
  • Options
    When i was 12ish i was at a party down the road and a guy gave me a drink, i didn't even think that he'd put a pill in it cos he was a mate and i was so young, not long afterwards i got into coke a fair bit which led to other things, but i'm clean now except for maybe one or two occasions a year.
  • Options
    a stoner friend of mine had this homemade bag-bong thing, i was 13.