Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone heard of this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi - I have this mad thing where the whole left side of my body has developed more than the right hand side. I've heard that it's quite common for peoples feet to be of different sizes but it seems my whole body is like this.
I can notice it on my skull, my cheeks, my nose, my pecs, and even bum cheeks.
This is not really noticable to the naked eye but I can feel it. Also, when jogging or running the top part of my left leg hurts and I am wondering if it's because of this - it really gets to me - has anyone ever heard of such a thing??

Comments

• Options
    This is probably a very predictable reply but anyway, I've never really heard of anything like that, although I think everyone's a little bit 'lopsided'. I know I have some small problems with the way I stand, brought on by carrying heavy schoolbags probably!

But if it's really noticable to you and it's really bothering you, I'd go to a doctor or a physiotherapist (there's the predictable part) to check it's not anything serious.

Sorry for being a bit useless.

LSS
  • Options
    Re: Anyone heard of this
    Originally posted by funkyhouseboy11
    Hi - I have this mad thing where the whole left side of my body has developed more than the right hand side. I've heard that it's quite common for peoples feet to be of different sizes but it seems my whole body is like this.
    I can notice it on my skull, my cheeks, my nose, my pecs, and even bum cheeks.
    This is not really noticable to the naked eye but I can feel it. Also, when jogging or running the top part of my left leg hurts and I am wondering if it's because of this - it really gets to me - has anyone ever heard of such a thing??

Hey man,

I've got exactly the same thing...Iposted something similar in health and fitness but that leg thing I didn't even bother putting in because I thought it was stupid, but since you have it as well thats a reassurance!

I noticed it particulary when I started working out and doing weights and stuff, particulary in my chest/pecs, a little in my arm as well.

Don't know any answers though :confused:

Its weird that its my left side because I'm right handed/footed as well!
  • Options
    I think everyone has that to some extent...being right handed...being able to throw something further with one hand and kicking too.

You've probably relied on one side alot more than the other and maybe you've developed this side alot more, so it's become more 'muscley'.

if you want to even it out a bit more. Try using the weaker side.

I get pains in my left shin bc its weaker than my right.
  • Options
    one of my boobies is slightly bigger than the other.
  • Options
    My left bollock is lower than the other one.