Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

eeeaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hurts :(

what do you do? It's not wax cos I've had some of that special wax remover stuff so I reckon it's somet else.

My doctor hates me (well, he only gives me 2 mins to explain then kicks me out he needs more time for me :() so any other ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :( poor ShyBoy. Hurts how? Have you been to gigs recently? Or let someone scream in your ear? Or put pencils down it or similar? Whatever you do, don't go poking around in there with cotton buds etc, you might make it worse. I think the obvious thing is to go to your doctor, but if you really don't want to, you could go to a walk-in clinic at a hospital near you. Or even just go to a pharmacist and tell them the problem, sometimes they can give really good advice.
    I think the best thing to do is go to a doctor, it could be anything but its not worth just leaving because if it is something serious and you don't seek medical attention you could lose your hearing or something!

Just go and see your doctor! :)
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Or let someone scream in your ear?

:lol:

Anyway, my advice is to see another doctor who is more sympathetic and he will examine it for you. You don't have to put up with a doctor who never has time to listen to you, cos at the end of the day it's a major part of their job.

Anyway hope it gets better soon. :)
    You sure it isnt waxed? You can have your ears properly cleaned by an E-N-T doctor with this grooOoovy thing that squirts water down there and sucks at the same time - that might do it. If it just hurts, and you can hear your heartbeat then its probably an infection and it'll be fine in a few days or by tomorrow - take an ibuprofen and dont operate any heavy machinery.
    Originally posted by Sanj33v
    You sure it isnt waxed? You can have your ears properly cleaned by an E-N-T doctor with this grooOoovy thing that squirts water down there and sucks at the same time - that might do it. If it just hurts, and you can hear your heartbeat then its probably an infection and it'll be fine in a few days or by tomorrow - take an ibuprofen and dont operate any heavy machinery.

is an xbox heavy machinery?

Ah well I think it's an infection but it's on and off all the time, it hurts a lot more than some of the other time though. I've had ear treatment for wax already and it cleared it up a little but it still hurt. And it only ever effects one ear. Chronic ear infection? :confused:
    An x-box aint heavy anything mate! :p

Maybe ask your doc for anti-biotics then. Is it a doc your going to, or a GP? Yea, same thing, but with your GP you can go see another one and piss your own off as some get paid depending upon how many people they see/how many people they have on their books.

Does your ear make a wooshing sound if you know what I mean?
    I usually have trouble with my right ear but its okay today *touches wood*