Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changing Course - Financial Situation!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am currently just about to finish my first year at university and im not exactly sure that the course that i am doing is what i want to do.

At the moment SAAS (students awards agency for scotland) pay my fees, although im not sure if they will still pay my fees if i decide to change course.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what happens or who i should talk to etc
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I think you get a false start, which means you can pick another course and they still pay your fees. Not 100% sure though.

Phone up SAAS and ask.
  • Options
    There is a little info on their site but like Brian said, call them and find out where you would stand.

As for working out whether your course is exactly what you want to do or not and what it is you do want to do - talk to your personal tutor and a careers advisor at your uni/ institution

Susie :)
  • Options
    I was at university but I decided that I was not sufficently enjoying my course, thus I wisely withdrew. Accordingly, I will be attending a different university in September to study a course about which I am most passionate.

If you aren't enjoying it and have the ability to change, go for it, for you will probably gain much more from it than continuing with your current course.