Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ha ha! thats funny. Guess how much its...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
...gonna cost me per ACADEMIC YEAR... FOR MY THREE YEAR COURSE AT LAMDA...

only £11,000

what the fuck is going on with the god damn education fees at the moment.

yeh yeh... go on..... move me to 'education'
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ...that works out for those of you who may not be able to do it yourselves at...

£33,000 for a god damn degree.

yes im pissed off.
    wow.....thats pretty expensive. What you studying?

Hm im not going to uni until atleast 2004 but all the debts and stuff, its scaring me now:eek2:
    Ahh :rolleyes: unlucky :p
    kinda makes the old £6.5k a year fees for foreign students look like pocket money...

they really want people to get educated in this country don't they? :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    wow.....thats pretty expensive. What you studying?

Hm im not going to uni until atleast 2004 but all the debts and stuff, its scaring me now:eek2:

acting. Its so fucking expensive, and in fact reading it thats not even a degree... thats just a 3 year 'course'. I remember when it was £9000 a year, but £11,000 thats just fucking ridiculous.
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    kinda makes the old £6.5k a year fees for foreign students look like pocket money...

they need a fucking slap thats what they need.

and people are complaing about the number of Asians pver here? only because these people are educated well where they come from... over here we have to pay £11,000 a year to get on a god damn course - thats why no one can. and everyone ends up unhappy in life and committing suicide and shit, and the government complain about the state of our social and economic situation? maybe if people had the opportunity to do what they want they wouldnt end up happy unhappy lives and running off with the milkman and what not.

this 'government' needs to sort its priorities right.

do you know what else is pissing me off??

In the eyes of the law, at 16 im old enough to be a parent and raise my child, yet i cant vote on child care until im 18. Fucking screwed this country is, it really is.
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_

You got it there, look after the people whose "Mammy and Daddy" buys everything for them.
    It doesent matter that weve got talented youngsters but they are not going to get the chance to show it:mad:
    Originally posted by badabing
    Fucking screwed this country is, it really is.

yup, soonest opportunity i get to leave, i'm taking it. :D
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    You got it there, look after the people whose "Mammy and Daddy" buys everything for them.
    It doesent matter that weve got talented youngsters but they are not going to get the chance to show it:mad:

NOW someone knows what im talking about. Thank you beckyboo... i dont suppose you have a seat in parliament do you???

oh i'll be right back... i need to pick my TWO YEAR OLD up from ETON - she's going to be a politician dont you know, got the name on her chair already
    Gotta agree that really is shit! :( How the fuck do they expect people to manage?!!
    its stuff like this that makes me want to try and go into politics.

I have all my ideas already.:)
    ooh look at that - RADA's hardly any better...

£3,480 per term (£10,440 per year).

maybe its the website... i think you pay more for the nice colour co-ordination you get at LAMDA
    I'm worried too, I'm also 16, and I'm going to University in '04 :crazyeyes
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    its stuff like this that makes me want to try and go into politics.

I have all my ideas already.:)

please do. my old history teacher told ME to go into politics, and i would have done, except i have this theory about 'following your dreams' and shit... and i tell you, if i make it...

WOW. thats all im gonna say. im gonna be in a hell of a lorra debt.
    please do. my old history teacher told ME to go into politics, and i would have done, except i have this theory about 'following your dreams' and shit... and i tell you, if i make it...

WOW. thats all im gonna say. im gonna be in a hell of a lorra debt.

i will, of course ill need to go get a politics degree to get me on my way, i havnt even thought about how much the courses are yet:(
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Gotta agree that really is shit! :( How the fuck do they expect people to manage?!!

not very fucking well considering the average national wage is £23,607... and that takes into account the people who get paid millions per year.

BBC Figures Nat. Wage
    I'm soooo glad that I've been there & done that already!
    NOW someone knows what im talking about. Thank you beckyboo... i dont suppose you have a seat in parliament do you???

Nah sorry.......they all talk a loada crap anyhow :lol:

Promises, promises thats all we ever hear from politicians :)
    mwahaha they moved it, badabing you knew it was gonna happen :p
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    For those of you who're worried...

Just to reassure those of you who are now panicking about university fees, here's an article about how much it costs to go to uni these days:
    http://www.thesite.org//magazine/specials_money/student_finance/what_it_all_costs.html

And also just wanted to to emphasise that the majority of courses don't cost anything like as much as the LAMDA or RADA courses. Both of those institutions are effectivley private academies so it's like paying to go to a private school which is a lot more than paying tuition fees (if you fall into the group that have to) to go to a normal university.

Just didn't want you all to panic too much...

CB
    Re: For those of you who're worried...
    Originally posted by ClaireBear
    Just to reassure those of you who are now panicking about university fees, here's an article about how much it costs to go to uni these days:
    http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_money/student_finance/what_it_all_costs.html

And also just wanted to to emphasise that the majority of courses don't cost anything like as much as the LAMDA or RADA courses. Both of those institutions are effectivley private academies so it's like paying to go to a private school which is a lot more than paying tuition fees (if you fall into the group that have to) to go to a normal university.

Just didn't want you all to panic too much...

CB

:'( s'not working....

I realise it is expensive but hopefully its worth it at the end of the day.
    Originally posted by ClaireBear

:yes:

was gonna say that.

thing is, for a career like acting, you don't actually need qualifications. all you need is talent. if you're good enough, you'll get snapped up, RADA or no RADA.

and yes i know it's all to do with the equity card too....
    Re: Re: For those of you who're worried...
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    :'( s'not working....

It is now :)