Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Social Modelling...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
WTF is it?!

Search engines are complete crap.

Someone tell me now!!!!! I need it for a Psychology assignment.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by strawberrychild
    I have nooooo clue.

http://uk.altavista.com/web/results?q=%22social+modelling%22&kgs=0&kls=1&avkw=xytx

Thanks for your help but I have too much of a headache to sift through the nonsense spouted by these snobbish websites.

I need someone to tell me what it is in plain English.

I'm not being rude honest it's my headache, anger at these search engines combined with major stress.

*Hugs*
    Try searching for Social Learning Theory. Modelling is an aspect of this theory.

Basically modelling is when we copy/take on behaviour of those around us who exert some kind of social influence on us.

Tis an easy concept, so once you've found it you'll be able to learn it easily.

Damn psychology for being so complex, biiiiig and stupid. :mad: Oh I should be doing psychology revision right now.......hohum.

Good luck and don't stress. :)
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    Try searching for Social Learning Theory. Modelling is an aspect of this theory.

Basically modelling is when we copy/take on behaviour of those around us who exert some kind of social influence on us.

Tis an easy concept, so once you've found it you'll be able to learn it easily.

Damn psychology for being so complex, biiiiig and stupid. :mad: Oh I should be doing psychology revision right now.......hohum.

Good luck and don't stress. :)

Thanks, that does help quite a bit!!

x
    I can't help..but when the mornin comes...and my dad can think straight...I'll get him on tha case for you.

He's gone to college and is currently at uni for a batchellors or sum other funky jazz I don't know...

but he definately knows...I'll get him here in tha mornin
    Originally posted by Davy
    I can't help..but when the mornin comes...and my dad can think straight...I'll get him on tha case for you.

He's gone to college and is currently at uni for a batchellors or sum other funky jazz I don't know...

but he definately knows...I'll get him here in tha mornin

Right, thanks :confused:
    (ok sorry it took me all day, my son Davy is F-in slow)

Social psychology covers many fields. Which avenue do you want?

Because I have never heard of 'social modelling' I'm afraid.

Any books you can mention, any sites at all or assignment sheet snipets you can give me to help me work out what you need?
    It doesn't matter anymore.