Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Have you posted your LEA thingy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I did mine ages ago, like in Febuary i think. And i sent my birth certificate with the form.

But i still haven't heard or got anything back. Is this a bit long?:crazyeyes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah that's a while, they usually get your important documents (ie birth certificate) back to you within 2weeks, mine arrived after about 10days. You should call or write to them to check they've got your application. Or did you send one of those postcard-thingys that confirm their receipt?
    i'd give them a ring.

i got my documents sent back a few days later, and then the form for parents to fill in arrived at the beginning of april.
    Just wondering, if you're currently studying, does your LEA send you an HC2 form for next year or do I have to phone them for one?
    Thanks
    No you have to get one, either from the LEA (usually the council town hall) or from your school. If you've taken a gap year you'll have to get it direct from the LEA. They can't go chasing up everyone who hasn't asked for a form yet!
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    No you have to get one, either from the LEA (usually the council town hall) or from your school. If you've taken a gap year you'll have to get it direct from the LEA. They can't go chasing up everyone who hasn't asked for a form yet!

You misunderstood me! I meant if you are already at university do you get one sent automatically. Doesn't matter now anyway!
    Oh sorry. No idea in that case :( oh well, I don't know what I'm talking about...
    So if we send off our HE1 forms to the council saying we want to do the HE2 forms we have to get the HE2 forms ourselves? Don't the council send us it? :confused:
    they send you the HE2 if you ask for it on HE1. I got mine a couple of week ago...
    whats LEA ?
    Originally posted by lennon
    whats LEA ?

Local Education Authority - basically the council's education department.
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Yeah that's a while, they usually get your important documents (ie birth certificate) back to you within 2weeks, mine arrived after about 10days. You should call or write to them to check they've got your application. Or did you send one of those postcard-thingys that confirm their receipt?

Uh oh.

I probs going to get arrested with my name on the FBI's most wanted soon.
    anyone know what the situation is for students who are abroad and want to reapply for loan? Can you get someone else to fill out the formson your behalf? My mum is supposed to be looking into this for me, but I haven't heard back from her yet!
    You can apply online http://www.dfes.gov.uk/studentsupport/formsandguides/index.shtml but irritatingly you'll still have to print it out, sign it, and send to your parents to sign :rolleyes: but hey.....
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Not sure how/if each LEA has different schedules but by the end of the last achedemic year (my first year at uni) i got sent the form to get the next loan amount. still waiting for the forms for the next year tho :eek2: