Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being bullied at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering if anyone had ever been bullied at work, i dont mean physically bullied, but mentally bullied.

The situation im in at the moment feels like i am being bullied.

I have been in my current job for 3 years, at first i loved it, then the receptionist became ill, and i had to cover reception, which ment over time i got extremely bored with the job. I have been trying to get other jobs for the past year, but no one wants to employ me. But today ive just had enough, Ive been bollocked twice for something that wasnt my fault (im not just saying that either) (this twat asked me something about someone elses computer folder, and i didnt have a clue what the answer was, so of course that deserves me getting bollocked) I get grief from this man and women everyday, ive been to my boss about it, but its such a small office he wont do anything about it, I feel like leaving tonite and never ever coming back. Would they be able to do ne thing to me if i didnt? (come back i mean)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Being bullied at work
    Originally posted by Butterfly00
    Just wondering if anyone had ever been bullied at work, i dont mean physically bullied, but mentally bullied.

The situation im in at the moment feels like i am being bullied.

I have been in my current job for 3 years, at first i loved it, then the receptionist became ill, and i had to cover reception, which ment over time i got extremely bored with the job. I have been trying to get other jobs for the past year, but no one wants to employ me. But today ive just had enough, Ive been bollocked twice for something that wasnt my fault (im not just saying that either) (this twat asked me something about someone elses computer folder, and i didnt have a clue what the answer was, so of course that deserves me getting bollocked) I get grief from this man and women everyday, ive been to my boss about it, but its such a small office he wont do anything about it, I feel like leaving tonite and never ever coming back. Would they be able to do ne thing to me if i didnt? (come back i mean)

It sounds to me like you've done everything you can to stop it. They all sound like pricks where you work. Are you in a union? An industrial tribunal sounds good to me. I wouldn't stay there, really, I'd start looking elsewhere. They couldn't kick up a fuss, and if they did, tell them to fuck themselves because they treated you so poorly.
  • Options
    I haven't been bullied at work I've come close but haven't actually been. If you are not happy with your job get out of it and find another one.
  • Options
    Ive been applying for jobs for ages, but no one wants to give me a job, i get the interviews but obviously dont stand out in them! Mind you i had one on wednesday and that went quite well! Im not in any sort of union, which as soon as i get a new job i will be! I tell ya what it takes for me not to punch them is unbelievable!
  • Options
    If you left, assuming you have a contract then they could take you to court. However, if you do not have a contract and you walked out and never came back they could refuse to give you a reference, this would not look good to potential employers.

If you are sick of it and decide to quit hand in your notice and take the notive period off as holidays!
  • Options
    Keep a note of everything that happens, and read our article for more advice:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/careers/workers_rights/how_to_beat_bullying.html

If you've tried your best to sort things out and it's still going on, or getting worse, leave if you can. They don't deserve you! You may be able to take them to a tribunal and claim for 'constructive dismissal', but the best thing for you all round is to get a better job.
  • Options
    Its easyier said than done getting another job, ive been trying for the past year, i cant leave and not have a job cos i dont want to leave with no money. Im thinking of going to a chicken factory temporary until i find another job.
  • Options
    I got laid off 8th April 2003 not impressed. :mad: