Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What makes you cry ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Over the last 3 weeks Ive cried a lot because I have a broken heart and it sucks.

But Im just generally a very emotional person anyway. My bf used to make me cry with happiness and he called me a big softy.

Shit I miss him :crying:
  • Options
    i've been crying a lot recently, i keep have flash backs to the day my mum died. it makes me cry. even watching sex in the city last week when miranda's mum died it made me think of how i felt and i burst out crying. i need to get a grip of myself, all this crying isn't good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    the only thing to make me cry really is the film Truly Madly Deeply....I think I am generally a heartless wench

:chin:

I've heard about that film... What's it about?

What makes me cry? I'm a bit of an ice queen mostly, but I guess it's things like those programs for kids in the third world and people who've been in poverty. I mean a lot of human rights stuff, this war on Iraq is upsetting, I nearly cried when I saw the civilian casualties, but then that's what Saddam wants...

I cry when I can't do well at something and I get upset if I'm going through a low mood period because I'm scared of letting my parents down with my education.
  • Options
    i dont cry very often, i get sad an the i get real angry for being sad an only wen theres somink real bad going on. or when im making someone else upset i hate that.
    im really quite heartless tho cos things in movies etc that make other ppl cry often make me laugh! :confused:
  • Options
    I cry at a lot of adverts and films and the other day I burst into tears because my boyfriend was being a twat but generally I often cry for sentimental or happy reasons.

Last time I cried through absolute misery was when my dad died three years ago.

I can't stand when people say they are experiencing real grief when something like Diana Dying happens.

I find the war distressing.
  • Options
    Ok just need to re-post. Thinking about my ex-girlfriend, who I am quite obviously not over, just on my own. I was crying shaking, and praying. I was praying. I can't beleive that. I wanted help. I can't remember what for I just remember muttering the words "help me, please help me"

Sounds pretty dramatic, well actually it was pretty upsetting since I was crying at the time....
  • Options
    nothing makes me cry anymore :(
  • Options
    tear gas
  • Options
    I haven't cried in a few years. I'm hard*. Oh yes. I cried when I was young and watched King Kong for the first time, when it was finished I came into the kitchen crying to my dad saying why did they have to kill it? It wasn't evil. Come on, don't say that you didn't feel anything when his heartbeat slowed and the light faded from his eyes!

The last time I've had a tear in my eye (this is embaressing) was when I saw Armageddon in the cinema. The part where Willis shoves Affleck into the elevator so he can go back home and take care of his daughter. I don't know why, it just has an effect on me!

*by the way, the not crying thing is true but the hard man act is pure lies!
  • Options
    In my early and mid-teens I used to cry a lot because I generally found accepting myself very hard. I then went through an emotionally hardened stage where I severely disliked the processed, homogenized sentimental crap and felt ashamed to cry.

Now I've warmed a little and due to fluctuating hormones tend to cry a lot. I try not to cry too much over relationships because in the end they become wasted tears.

I've cried after watching the cancer research and RSPCA adverts. I would have cried at the ending of Ghost the other night if my brother wasn't there laughing at me. I felt really down this weekend (pmt also) and cried after I got home on friday night and felt on edge the whole weekend. I just felt so alone and worthless. I got thinking about my ex and realised I did really care for him and I'd miss him quite a lot and I was upset he can't even be arsed to say goodbye to me. I felt like the past had caught up with me again and that what happened will always partly exclude me from all my friends. I felt upset that there are so many people dying, being tortured and suffering around the world and that it's our selfish foreign policy that influences it so much. And then I got even more pissed off because no-one seems to care about that. Then on Sunday I found out someone in my family had died. :(

But after getting out of your system you have to think positively. Yeah, shit happens but I always think that worse things happen to better people. I have a good life and I have the opportunity to make a difference.
  • Options
    I cry when i remember every day who i passed with my exgirfriend...
  • Options
    Not a lot makes me cry unless I'm in a really strange mood. Then the tiniest things can set me off. I've woken up crying from dreams recently. Plus I can't watch the NSPCC adverts else I'll well up. Anything bad to do with kids, really. Or if I'm just feeling bad.
  • Options
    not much- except for lunchboxes- especially when ppl leave them on the kitchen counter and have no lunch :(
  • Options
    You people are emotionally unhinged :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Guano
    not much- except for lunchboxes- especially when ppl leave them on the kitchen counter and have no lunch :(

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    i sometimes frustrate myself so much about my present situation (it pisses me off that much) i go find a corner and weep a little... how sad am I!?
  • Options
    nothing. i'm a man.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    nothing. i'm a man.

pfff. you cried at 'lassie'. you know you did.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie

pfff. you cried at 'lassie'. you know you did.

i hated lassie, i quite vividly remember laughing when she got shot... that dog can act better than 99% of hollywood.
  • Options

i hated lassie, i quite vividly remember laughing when she got shot

wow. harsh.
  • Options

wow. harsh.

yeah harsh until you remember it's just a programme/film. :rolleyes:
  • Options

yeah harsh until you remember it's just a programme/film. :rolleyes:

yeah, but dude, it's lassie.

that's like laughing when mother theresa died.

kinda...
  • Options

yeah, but dude, it's lassie.

that's like laughing when mother theresa died.

kinda...

i didn't even know she was dead, remember? we had this conversation before...:(
  • Options
    yes... :yes:
  • Options
    What makes me cry:

*The movie Sweet November and Titanic
    *Listening to sad music
    *When someone close to me dies(has happened to me quite a few times)
    *When someone yells at me

My list could go on and on, but I think I will just stop it here before I start boring people.
  • Options
    • When people close to my die/are seriously ill
    • When everything starts getting me down (work, college, etc) and I need a good cry!!
    • Umm, 'some' men have made me cry :(
    • My Mum makes me cry - but only when I let her get to me *angry*
    • aaaaaaaaaaaaaand thats about it!! :D

Oh, and I did cry at Titanic the first time... now I just fast-forward the cry-y bits :D

And also a song called 'Perhaps Love' by John Denver and Placido Domingo that was played at my Grandma's funeral like 10 odd years ago... I've only just found it on Kazaa so there's gonna be tears, lol

Edited to add the song :p
  • Options
    Alot of my memories make me cry, so i try not to remember.

Some songs make me cry like savage gardens "two beds and a coffee machine" thats makes me remember my child hood and it depresses me

um when i have a fight with my closest friends and were not talking
  • Options
    music that has memories attached are a killer.

emotional talking...

drink!!!!
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    ..i quite vividly remember laughing when she got shot...
    Lassie got SHOT??!?!?! when did this happen??!!?
  • Options
    I cry very easily, at silly little things , eg, i was wathing a movie about some pregnant woman , and when she gave birth , i cried, watching a wedding , i cry , But when it is something serious, i can't cry , i get sad but no tears, like at my b/f mum funeral , i couldn't cry!!

Oh and when i am feeling poorly!!! I burst into tears!!!!!!:crying: