Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

why is my brother such a c*nt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
19 years old you would have thought he'd have grown up wouldnt.

he's a fucking cunt thats what he is... and it takes a lot to piss me off before i say that word.

fuck you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The main object of a sibling's life is to piss the other one off! I learned that a long time ago and I have 5 sisters! Ok, so I only live with one of them and one is a baby, but when my two older sisters lived with us they irritated me, my stepsister irritates me, and my twin sister (the one I live with) is possibly the most annoying person on Earth, but you learn to live with it!

Slap him if he's annoying you that much, it's what I do, usually works!:D
    its a little bit more serious than 'irritating' each other im afraid.
    My mum is kicking him out.
    my brother is a complete wanker too. I try to like him being that were related, but its so hard, and he doesnt make much effort with me either. Hes obnoxious to me and my mum, he was the same when he was younger and hes the same now at 34.
    im glad someone out there agrees that the bastard's not going to grow out of this.

i've already said i'll leave, i'll just have to drop out of college, but my mum wont have that being as tho he's not at college, she says she'd rather him just go... he works full time. and i think we're both sick of his fat slag 'girlfriend'

fuck this is all so shit i feel so fucking shit
    my baby bro lives in spain, i live in wales...nerner!:p
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the hounds!
    my brother is 'that bad'.

and everyone used to tell us that we'd grow out of it.

now i'm 22, he's 24, and we still can't stand to be in the same room.

:rolleyes:
    Don't get me started on my brother...:mad:
    Re: why is my brother such a c*nt
    Originally posted by badabing

he's a fucking cunt thats what he is... and it takes a lot to piss me off before i say that word.

fuck you.

WHAT HAS HE DONE!! there seems to be an unwritten rule that you have to get on with your blood relatives but theres no saying that you do - particularly if he's a lost cause and is causing grief in both your lives.
    Sounds like he is doing some serious damage to your family if your mum wants to chuck him out.
    perhaps it IS time she practiced some tough love.
    Re: Re: why is my brother such a c*nt
    Originally posted by byny
    WHAT HAS HE DONE!!

my god what hasn't he done???!!!

too much to go into detail about, there's a lot of history to it all, but he's a complete knob and a bully and too violent for his own good, but he's going. she'll talk to him soon. she spoke to him last time but didnt threaten him with her chucking him out, but she's fed up of it now, she cant leave us in the house alone together, and thats sad for someone who's 19 and someone who's 17 and a parent.
    Re: why is my brother such a c*nt
    Originally posted by badabing

fuck you.

And? Simply disassociate with him.
    and... well i think i still hold on to the fact that he's blood and despite his fuckedness i do actually love him. i dont want to just disasociate with him. I want to resolve things. Thats not going to happen so i want him to leave, maybe he'll grow up then.
    Being the older brother of my 2 lil sisters, I feel guilty now :(
    oh osrry - i feel guilty now !
    It's what brothers and sisters do to each other. They can't help it. Once they've moved out, and you haven't seen them for a while, then you start to get on with each other a bit better. That's what I found out once my brother had moved out. IN fact I even look forward to seeing him every now and again.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Is he a bully and violent within the house (ie to you and/ or your mum) or just outside of it? Not that either is OK but just that there are different pieces of advice I can give you...

If it is the former this is a type of domestic violence and should not be tolerated, as with lovers, when there is violence inflicted by a relative (blood, step or otherwise) it can be hard to know what to do about it or feel you can report them, you being related and all...but for your own safety and sanity it really is the best thing, plus there may (or may not) be very real problems aggravating your brother's violent side (eg. very serious drug abuse, the onset of a serious mental health problem) which are best addressed. Useful article here:
    domestic violence

If it is nowhere near as serious as this but he is just being a jerk, then gaining some space and forcing some independence upon him probably will help ... he is 19 afterall :)

Hope that helps a little ... besides if I am way off the mark it may just help someone else

Susie :)
    thanks susie. havent seen him for a few days now, but when he turns up i think my mums going to have him. Thanks for the article, and if things develope i'll be sure to come back and let you know
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ShaunP and welcome to The Mix!  You've posted in a really old thread so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. It sounds like you want to talk about how your brother is effecting you so I have split your comments into a separate thread(link) so you can still chat about it and maybe get some advice 
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.