Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

the ring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
for all of you who havnt seen it go see it!

it is really good
it isnt what its hyped up to be on the scary side but it is a good film

just dont trust your expectations!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I've seen the Japanese version, probably whilst drunk. I doubt Hollywood could make up for it though. They'll just take the plot, set it in America and fill it with big budget special effects... Most likely.
  • Options
    See that's what I was expecting but I was pleasantly surprised ....
    They didn't do too bad a job of it at all ......
  • Options
    Actually, I was expecting summat like Scream - something crap like that...

but it was really good!! I'd spend my money on seein' it again, deffo :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams

but it was really good!! I'd spend my money on seein' it again, deffo :)

nah theres some films i couldnt see again and thats one of them!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick

nah theres some films i couldnt see again and thats one of them!

lol :D

What made our showing even better was that there was a huge silence in it (can't remember which bit, forgive me) and someone just randomly screamed in the audience... it was v.funny!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    I've seen the Japanese version, probably whilst drunk. I doubt Hollywood could make up for it though. They'll just take the plot, set it in America and fill it with big budget special effects... Most likely.

That what I think as well, which is why I didn't go and see it!

If it's that good, I'll wait for it to come out on video (as long as it doesn't kill me!)
  • Options
    It scared the shit out me sister hehe.

I have no desire to see it though!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

If it's that good, I'll wait for it to come out on video (as long as it doesn't kill me!)

I had a feeling some one couldn't resist that line .... :D
  • Options
    not scary, and kinda dumb. but it wasn't a waste of money like some movies...
  • Options
    Am I the only one to think it's totally shit?

When I was at adam's my mum went to see it and then rang me really scared saying she wished I was at home cos she had seen the ring and it had scared her to death. So the day after me and adam decided to go see it, and thought it was terrible!

There's a bit near the end when the woman gets in bed with her son and goes to sleep, if it had ended there I woulda thought the film was good, but then when it carried on the whole meaning of the film changed and everything! They weren't happy ever after after freeing the girl like they woud have been if it had ended when it appeared to of, but it carried on and instead the girl didnt want to be freed the meaning of the film changed and the nice blokey died!

I thought it was stupid it started good then went downhill from there, it was extremely strange too, total shite! Also, how was it scary? The only scary bit was at the end when the little girl walked through the screen, that wasn't exactly scary either cos it was so predictable.
  • Options
    i really liked that film!!!! saw it with my sister and it scared us...! :s haven;t seen the japanese version of it though...apparently it's so much better! anyone seen the ring 2-japanese version??
  • Options
    I watched the Japanese version a couple of weeks ago and I liked it but I'm not sure if I should bother going to see the Hollywood version.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe

There's a bit near the end when the woman gets in bed with her son and goes to sleep, if it had ended there I woulda thought the film was good, but then when it carried on the whole meaning of the film changed and everything! They weren't happy ever after after freeing the girl like they woud have been if it had ended when it appeared to of, but it carried on and instead the girl didnt want to be freed the meaning of the film changed and the nice blokey died!

it did kinda get me thou like films always end with a good bit dont they and when i went to see it people actually got up and walked out then,not realising theyd left half way through the film!
  • Options
    its a bit twisted and predictable. I knew what would happen. However not as predictable as a lot of films. It ok. I wouldnt recommend it exactly. especially if there's loads of people taking the mick out of the characters in the backrow. and some kid kciking your chair.
    Oh. the little boy scares me :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Going to see this tomorrow, should be good. Watched half of the Japanese version but subtitles are a real pain in the arse.
  • Options
    seen 4 'Ring' films, but not the Korean version.

Ring (Ringu, Japanese version) > The Ring

plus Ring was much scarier in the cinema due to certain events.... :D
  • Options
    I thought the film was really good.

I watched the Jap version a while ago (well part of it anyway), so wanted to watch it. I went with my gf, and she found it scary - it was more jumpy (not even that) than scary in my opinion.

Good though!
  • Options
    I went to see it last night. Didn't really think much of it though, and it didn't scare me. It's not a film i'd watch again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ms Mature
    I went to see it last night. Didn't really think much of it though, and it didn't scare me. It's not a film i'd watch again.

didn't scare me either... i think you have to be in the right frame of mind for this, i kept detaching myself from the film instead of letting it draw me in. oh well, still good (the japanese one, not the crap US version)
  • Options
    I started to watch the japanese one, but only lasted about 5 minutes, subtitles are a pain in the arse.
  • Options
    Scary or not it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to sit in the film and not jump at the least. Its the soundtrack that does it.
  • Options
    I had seen 'The Ring', in the theater, when it first came out in the movie theaters.

When it had came out on video then I bought the DVD of 'The Ring' and had watched it once since I had bought the DVD.

It is a good movie, but it wasn't exactly like how they were making it out to be.

MySuffice21