Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cuts

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
i used to self harm and i have cuts all over me now. ok ... they are healing but they are taking a really long time. does anyone know of any way to aid the healing process, natural or not?

cheers xx

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    vitamen E, and there is this stuff, Mederma, dont' know if its over there. depending on how deep they were, they may never go away th ough.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    depending on how deep they were, they may never go away th ough.

thats what im most scared of.
  • Options
    how old are they? are they scars now or are they still cuts?
  • Options
    Vitamin E Cream is supposed to help, as already said....if they're scars then you can buy gel patch things from boots to put on which are supposed to help a bit, they're quite expensive though. if you go to your doctor he may be able to refer you to a surgeon to give them to you on prescription though (this is what i did), although if your scars are quite expensive (as mine are) then they won't be much use...they just help fade them a bit.

If they're still cuts then they should heal on their own as long as you don't pick them or anything. There may be some scars which are unavoidable. Maybe go to your doctor or ask a chemist what creams or anything could help?
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    how old are they? are they scars now or are they still cuts?

they are scars now. most of them are about 4-6 months old now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy

there are some options still available. there are temporary treatments, like colagen injections, gel pads etc, and there are very expensive permenent options, like laser surgery. Either way I doubt they will ever fade completely, they'll probably still be mild.

I have a scar across my cheek which is fairly visible to everyone, and the weirdest thing is I don't know how I did it... It could have been my cat while I was sleeping. Anyway there's nothing I've done about it and it seems to fade a lickle when you use a moisturising soap, it kind of blends it into your skin.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy

Scares naturally fade in time; my scars are mostly white now. But it does depend on depth, width and how they heal. My scars are faded, but they scarred as welts so are noticeable. Though nto all of them are, some of the smaller ones are hardly noticeable.

They wont disappear completely, but as a general rule they wont be glaringly obvious if they are small scars, such as on the wrists. If you sliced your arms open then perhaps they will be.
  • Options
    mine on my stomach is still as clear as hen it was first formed, about 8 or 9 years ago.

and the scar on my head is still very clear, i did that 13 years ago. then again the bone behind it is all messed up haha. trust me to smack my head on the fireplace at 3 years old...

oeer i think i just remembered it a little bit.
  • Options
    i went on holiday and got a tan. that got rid of my scars
  • Options
    I also have scars from doing self harming. As of now I am using Mederma, which someone had mentioned before, and it seems to have helped to start fading them a bit, but it must be used like 3-6 months I guess before you see the full results.
    I also heard about using Vitamin E drops kind of stuff or the cream.

MySuffice21