Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

need help convincing parents...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
ok ne1 got ne ideas how i can convince my parents to let me go on holiday alone this summer???
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tell them you will be good.
    Originally posted by Mist
    Tell them you will be good.

hmmm like that will bloody work...but thanx...
    How old are you? If you are 18 or above then they should not stop you. But if you under 18, they might think that you are not old enough to be able to effectively look after yourself. If I were you, I would firstly tell them that the experience would enable me to develop as a person and to understand to a greater extent the world in which you live. Tell them that it would aid your appreciation of the world and its people and for different cultures. Secondly, that you will prove to them that you are old and big enough to look after yourself - show them your plans, where you will visit and stay, etc.

Where are you thinking of going?
    lol...thanx a lot, i'm 17 and they dont trust me...i live inthe middle east and its not third world but neways. i want to go to england for the summer and see some friends over there...thing is they will make me stay with my aunt and uncle most probably and in turn will most probably tell my uncle and aunt to watch where i go and that sort of shit. problem is i want to visit a friend in nottingham and my mates are supposed to meet me in london for a while so therefore i would want to stay in each of these places with my mates for a while....

how can i get around that?
    The best thing to do is to be honest with your parents. Alternatively, you could say that you are going to stay with your relations and then visit your friends. But this seems foolish. What would your relations and your parents say?
    Just tell them you want to go alone.
    they'll probably want someone older to look after you, it may sound stupid but they are your parent afterall and they do worry about you. tlak it over with them and try to encourage them to let you go, think of you being in there place.....